Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Default Re: 6.1.1 versions released

I do not think so.

I am very suspecious that the problem is Vista since I see that others have reported similar problems.

As I said before, when I get home tonight, I am going to try installing on my other machine which is running XP and see if I get the same problem. My gut feel is that I will not. :-(

Everyone can have their computer configured differently.

I personally have installed both XDP6 and XP&D6 on my Vista machine without any issues.

You may want to open a ticket with Xara support. http://support.xara.com
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I noticed that the problems seem to be with the trial version. If you purchased XDP6 and downloaded it and redownloaded the 6.1.1 do you still have to delete it and download the CD or can you keep what you have in the 6.1.1 ?

Merv

Hi Merv,

Installing from the CD will detect the download version and remove it before continuing with the install.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the quick response. Now I wont worry about it.

Merv

I am on my 5th try to get the software to run on my laptop. I am uninstalling for the 4th time. I also uninstalled a bunch of Microsoft software (Visusl Studio, Visual C++ and some others).

I was able to install and run without any problems on Windows XP.

BTW: I notice that there were no "live effects" installed. I thought there were some free ones that would get installed. Where can I get those?

Good News............

I got the software running on Vista WITHOUT the runtime errors. I am not sure exactly which step solved the problem but I deleted some Microsoft Visual C++ modules, a bunch of Visural Studio modules, and some SQL Server stuff that I am not using. Then I uninstalled XGDP6 one more time. This time however, I rebooted the machine before reinstalling the software. This time it is running smoothly. I did notice that the file it was trying to load before also got deleted (must have been in a Xara folder that got delted). After all of this it is finally running smoothly.

I appreciate eveyone's input. I do suggest uninstalling the trial version and then rebooting your machine before installing from the CD.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

I'm waiting, not too patiently.

Wednesday morning I purchased an upgrade to Xara Designer Pro 6. It said I would receive an email telling me how to download it, how to register it, etc.
    I still haven't received any such email. Yesterday afternoon I searched and searched for information about how to inquire about my order, but I couldn't find anything, so I went to SUPPORT and opened a ticket. I received confirmation of the ticket, along with the ticket number almost immediately. I was sure I'd get some help by this morning, but so far, nothing.

Maybe someone here can tell me how to get some results.
    Charlie

I have Vista and had no problems installing. My installation has the live effects, I think you have to have a drawing up and an area selected first, then go to the live effects tool, then click "new", and it should show the demos.

Merv

That is what I thought I did but the drop down list of effects was empty. I will try again over the weekend.

Thanks for the reply.