Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Quote Originally Posted by fuss View Post
    All I know is ...... not me. It's not the computer; it's the Xara program.
    Sorry fuss, but it is your computer, or it would have affected us all the same way. Doesn't seem like anyone else has the same problem, or someone else would have mentioned it.
    I am on Windows XP operating system, SP2, 32 bit .....
    Exactly the same as I am, and I am not having a problem.
    What do you see in explorer if you navigate to a folders thumbnail view?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	74804  
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 24 July 2010 at 01:29 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Windows SP3 32 bit here, no problem at all with thumbnails. Have you gone to <view> and ensured that thumbnails is actually selected in your explorer window?

Sometimes people change things on themselves by accident.....

Name:	View.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	74808  
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Hi guys,

I don't want to throw fuel on the fire but I too have the same problem as fuss. I'm on Vista Pro 64 SP2 and as you can see from the attached I have no thumbnail view, only icons. I have XDP6. This doesn't bother me in the slightest because I haven't used Windows Explorer for many years as my image manager. I use ThumbsPlus and in that app I get proper thumbnail views of all my Xara drawings. However, I wanted to show that it wasn't just fuss who has this problem.

Name:	xara_icons.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	74814  

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Windows SP3 32 bit here, no problem at all with thumbnails. Have you gone to <view> and ensured that thumbnails is actually selected in your explorer window?

Sometimes people change things on themselves by accident.....
    Um, what part of "everything was working fine and dandy until I installed DP6" didn't you understand?

It was the installation of DP6 that caused this problem. (And yes, my thumbnails are actually selected. I'm not a moron.)

Here's another kicker... I followed Sledger's advice and uninstalled all the Xara Xpro products, did a registry clean, then went to my XaraOnline account to redownload Xpro 4 (which Xara has always told me to do it that way instead of using the CD because that file will make sure I have any and all bug patches, fixes and whathaveyou that have been updated since the original CD was issued), did that and now my freaking product key doesn't work.

So I'm sitting here with no product and I've lost two days now of business work waiting for them to respond.

I am not a happy camper.

fuss, listen to this carefully .... your attitude is appalling. We are all volunteers here, and if you really want us to try an help, lose the sarcasm etc. or you're going to end up with no help at all. Bye!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Oh and here's the kicker, I installed a trial version of Xpro 4 and guess what? All the thumnail previews are working again. Of course, I'm still waiting to hear back from Xara to get this all sorted out since my product key for Xpro 4 that I own doesn't work and DP6 is of absolutely no use to me after buying it if the thumbnail views won't work with it.

Thanks again to Sledger for the useful, productive help.
    Last edited by fuss; 24 July 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Fuss,

No one was suggesting you were anything but an intelligent person. However, I have worked in support for more years than I can remember and the simplest things that people overlook often prove to be their undoing. I was just putting forth a possiblity that you overlooked this because it is so easy a step....mind loops happen when these types of problem come up...so it wasn't meant as an insult, nor should it be taken as one.

I totally understood when you said everything was working fine before the installation of DP6, but kindly do not take your frustrations out on people when they are trying to offer up help.

Up until someone else showed they have this problem, it appeared to be a setting related issue. It's good that beret shows the same problem, it proves there may be a bug and people can try to emulate your problem, so far I've not been able to and you may understand why I will not put any more effort in seeing why you have this problem.

Have a good day....

Um, what part of "everything was working fine and dandy until I installed DP6" didn't you understand?

It was the installation of DP6 that caused this problem. (And yes, my thumbnails are actually selected. I'm not a moron.)

Thing is Ed - Frank [beretgascon] has a 64 bit system, and as Steve [sledger] pointed out, there are known issues with thumbnails on 64 bit systems [not just with xara products either]

So far it is only Fuss who has issues on a 32 bit XP system that we know of

It is almost certain that it is something on Fuss's system that is causing the installer to fail to install correctly - this is a long way from saying the installer is at fault

And I think Fuss will have to come round to this way of thinking to make progress
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Totally agree......missed that Beret had a 64 bit system.....

I have Xara Designer Pro 6 installed ,Windows Vista home - 32 bit ,and I'm having no problem seeing the XAR thumbnails.

However, I did experience the very same problem when I upgraded from XX4 to XX5.
    So I uninstalled XX5 and re-installed XX4 and the thumbnails were again visible.

I then uninstalled XX4 and reinstalled XX5, to test - no thumbnails.

So I re-installed XX4 over the previously installed XX5 and the thumbnails returned !

The last Xara program installed seems to trump the thumbnail format information.

So I suggest you un-install all your programs, install Xara Designer, then XX4 and you may find your thumbnails up and running.

- Andy

Name:	XAR thumbnails.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	74825