Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

Wonderful news! Look forward to trying it.
    Thank you.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6

i would love to be able to u/g to 6.0. My problem is that the Xara website keeps refusing to let me log-in. I have checked my details many times, I have asked Xara for a password hint and they have confirmed that the login details that I am using are correct. I have tried using FOUR different browsers but still get the same problem.
    The stupid part is that if I go to www.xara.com/uk/ I can log in OK using the login box at the top right of the page. This gives me access to all my registered products BUT when I try to log in to buy anything the same log in parameters get rejected. I have had this problem for over a year now and I cannot get any sense out of Xara Sales Support other that to say that they cannot see why I am having the problem. Is any outher user having this problem?

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default 6.1.1 versions released

We've just released updates to Xara Designer Pro 6 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 on our website. See the support site for details of the changes and fixes, plus installation instructions.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...wnews&newsid=9

Once the CDs are available, thereafter we'll issue auto-update patches which will mean updating to the latest version will be easy. But I'm afraid for this update you'll need to uninstall the current version and then use the latest installer to get to 6.1.1.

Thanks

Neil
    Xara

Default Re: 6.1.1 versions released

Thanks Neil.

I'm downloading the updates to both versions now.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

XDP6 update and templates installed with no problems. Thank you
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks Neil.

Thanks for the update! Hope it fixes my recent problem with frequent crashing On the update page it says, if you've already previously installed XDP6, just to install. Whereas in this thread you are recommending uninstalling the previous version. So which is it? Uninstall and install or just install on top of previous version?

Well as i see it if you have already installed it you need to uninstall it and load up this one "If you already have previously installed Xara Designer Pro 6 / Photo & Graphic Designer 6:"
    If you never installed it before you need the other one .....I dont think you install one over the other ........

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Thanks, Mike! Okay, uninstall I shall! --sounds like Yoda

It worked for me but the plugins dont........ keep getting a violation thing pop up and send an error report........
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .