Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 Launched (Xara Xtreme 6 Pro)

I get what you mean Frances. I think I'm right in saying the upgrade price is the same as last year [in the UK we usually get stung whenever there's even a slight glitch in international finance so that surprised me I must say]; I suspect there's a bit of juggling going on at Magix and some extra discounts aren't available this time round. Hopefully someone at Xara can work something out for you.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm going to download the trial before I make my final decision but if someone from Xara could comment on this thread I'm sure it would be helpful to many. I can't be the only one who purchased WD6 thinking that it would make the upgrade to XXP6 (now DesignerPro 6) a little easier.

I know that Xara is very busy right now but for the few mins it would take it might make a difference and a few extra upgrade sales. Please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

My XXPro5 to XDPro6 price was $99 + $8 shipping for a total of $107 USD. So my guess is those who paid less have both XXPro5 and XWD6, as was suggested. I did not buy XWD6 knowing that XDPro6 would have everything plus more...

You should be able to click the buy button, login, and see if the lesser price shows up in your order before you complete the transaction.
    Last edited by StevenWWinters; 16 June 2010 at 07:06 PM.

Ģ79 to upgrade when I've already shelled out for WD6.

Sorry but that stinks. I think I'll pass this time. Not a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    I think I'll pass this time...
    That's a shame. You'll be missing out on one of the best releases in years.

For me there are a couple of new interesting features, but on the whole the things that have been enhanced are things that I'll most likely never use. I'm really trying hard to justify the upgrade to the new version, but I think this really solidifies the notion that Xara has decided who their target audience is, and unfortunately for me I'm no longer in it.

So for me the $99 USD upgrade from XXP5 seems a little steep as well. I think it's probably quite fair for the amount of things that it adds over the previous version, if those features are of interest to the buyer.

Time will tell though, after playing around with the demo some I may be convinced (I sure hope that I am).

On the plus side, I'll probably really dig the new darker interface. I wasn't a big fan of that color scheme when I first encountered it in Premiere a few years ago, but over time I've come to appreciate how much better it is when you're working on visual elements to have a more "subdued" tone to the interface.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok I clicked the buy now button on the Xara site and went partialy through the upgrade process and like Grace it was $84US which works out to about the purchase price of WD6. That makes me feel better. Now I have one last question before I download the trial Why dosen't Xara just say that there is a discount?? It would have saved a lot of confusion.

Now I'm going to download the trial and see if I will upgrade. Some of the new features sound very useful, I just have decide if they will be $84US useful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I was unable to upgrade from Xtreme Pro 4 to Pro 5 because American Express wasn't among the accepted credit cards at the Xara site at that time. Has that changed?

I just tried (twice) to go through the purchase process to see but couldn't get that far because the upgrade price (to Pro 6 from Pro 4) of $129 kept jumping up to $299 from one window to the next. Bummer, don't want to pay more than is needed :-)

Maybe it will get sorted out in time.

m

As with Web Designer I'm still wondering why the tool bar size options are greyed out. If there is no option why have the options there?
    Everything else looks interesting enough, just a bit irritated by the tool bar size.
    Derek

The toolbar size options are only available in the light interface.