Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Unhappy Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 Launched (Xara Xtreme 6 Pro)

I am disapointed with the upgrade pricing for Designer pro 6. With version 5 there was a lesser upgrade price if you had both Xtreme/pro and Web designer. If I had known that this would not be the case this time I would not have purchased the Web Designer 6 upgrade.

This is information that should have been released at the time of Web Designer 6 release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 6 Launched (Xara Xtreme 6 Pro)

I have to agree with you on that one.

E
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Apologies for the upgrade problems and thank you for reporting it. This should now be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by JonH27 View Post
    I've been checking into xara.com twice a day for some while now, fuelled by all the speculation here at TG, and lo-and-behold at 3.30pm today - Designer Pro 6! Except that it won't let me purchase the Ģ79 upgrade - the Buy Now button just seems to have no effect. Could be something related to being stuck here at work on a corporately-enforced IE6 I suppose Oh well, will take the download home with me and try playing, and purchasing from home tonight.

Jon

Maybe that is why my price was $84 instead of the $99 quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I am disapointed with the upgrade pricing for Designer pro 6. With version 5 there was a lesser upgrade price if you had both Xtreme/pro and Web designer. If I had known that this would not be the case this time I would not have purchased the Web Designer 6 upgrade.

This is information that should have been released at the time of Web Designer 6 release.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

If there is a lesser price if you own both they should say so. If someone from Xara could comment on this and clarify this issue it would help me decide if I'm going to upgrade or not. As I have already got all the new web design tools I have to decide whether or not the rest of it is worth it to me to upgrade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Thanks bb2 - all now paid-for

And there was me thinking it might have been to do with the IT powers-that-be at Birmingham City Council who think that IE6 is all that we should use for browsing

Now I just have to weigh up whether to spend this evening of glorious weather in the English Midlands out in the countryside with my camera and walking boots, or installing and playing with DP6. Tricky one, that.

Jon

Selected upgrade from XXP5, got Xara Designer Pro 6 and have been billed Ģ69 ... that's all I know
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Did some checking and although the price is quoted the same from Xtreme 5 & from Xtreme Pro 5 there is a difference, when you get through to the payment going through. I chose the upgrade from Xtreme to Designer Pro to get a new manual which you don't get when upgrading from Xtreme Pro to Designer Pro version so was happy to pay €10 more.

Hope this helps with the confusion.
    Peter

Your 69 pounds still works out to 105.00 CAD which is the same as what 99 USD works out to be. So I'm not seeing any discount!! If it had been made known at the time that web designer was released I would have waited. In my opinion this is a little bit underhanded from a company I used to hold in high esteem.

Basically I will have to decide if the photo and drawing enhancements are worth 105 dollars, I'm not sure if they will be. I'm still waiting for someone from Xara to comment on this. As a freelance designer every penny counts! Business has been slow and we are about to get hit with a new tax system as well so I have to be careful with my expenses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    If it had been made known at the time that web designer was released I would have waited. In my opinion this is a little bit underhanded from a company I used to hold in high esteem.
    When you enquired about future upgrade pricing before buying WD6, what did Xara suggest would likely happen? You could also contact customer services and explain the situation; they may be able to help.
    Last edited by Xhris; 16 June 2010 at 05:34 PM.