Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I just opened my font gallery and found all fonts were displaying as times roman. Weird eh?

I did the screen shot and upon reopening xara pasted it in. Now the font gallery seems to suggest I have no installed fonts!

Earlier this evening I updated my video card driver. I wonder...

After I post this I'll restart the computer and see if the problems continue.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonts.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	19190  

I just opened my font gallery and found all fonts were displaying as times roman. Weird eh?

I did the screen shot and upon reopening xara pasted it in. Now the font gallery seems to suggest I have no installed fonts!

Earlier this evening I updated my video card driver. I wonder...

After I post this I'll restart the computer and see if the problems continue.

Regards, Ross

Back to normal on restart. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

with weird happenings with their computers. I had this weird thing that was happening that every time I opened up XaraX or PhotoPaint and used it extensivly for awhile I would boot down and then back up to refresh the system and the "scan disk" would pop up and want to do a fix on the C drive. If I didn't use any graphics apps it wouldn't happen.

All of a sudden it cleared up, thank god!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I was thinking that I was in need of replacing the hard drive......so I didn't take any chances and did a 5 disk back up anyway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You would think, astrologically speaking, that Mercury was in retrograde or something (meaning that all forms of communication and machinery breaks down). It happens 3 times a year, so maybe we are having one of those times right now?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Ross,
    Do you have a lot of installed fonts? I expect you know this, but for anyone who doesn't, you can install just the fonts you need for each project with a font manager, eg Font Navigator which comes with Corel Draw. AlsoTypograph, Adobe type manager, and Extensis suitcase.
    A google search will reveal others.

Mercury in retrograde hmmm? Might explain all the communication problems I am noticing at the moment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

cheers
    Jess

Wow ..thats pretty weird ....just be thankful your fonts went back to normal. A sacrifice to the computer gods would seem in order ... perhaps an old 386 onto a bonfire would work to appease them for a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously , for devices which are supposedly logical and all that ...they can have some bizarre problems [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

As far as I know, you always have to restart after installing a driver.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.