Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Objects in design time not showing in preview nor exported site

Hi all -

I have a WD6 site that I've added some Notes (from the Text Panels collection) and rotated text that looks fine while in WD design-mode, but which never show up on previews of the page. Further, exporting the website results in the same problem (i.e., these objects are missing).

I've looked at the property settings that I thought could contribute to this, but they all appear fine. I can, however, provide some potential clues that may help someone help me.

1. It seems this problem is limited to those pages where I have placeholders for PDF content.

2. On the pages with the problems, the outline of the object appears (e.g., I can see where the note object would be and the text has been repelled accordingly). There is, however, no visual note object.

I realize the above may be too sketchy, so please feel free to ask for additional details.

TIA!!! I really appreciate it.

Default Re: Objects in design time not showing in preview nor exported site

Welcome to TG Forums Al,

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for your questions.
    Please note that the Technical Support forum is not for general questions about software usage.

I have a issues such as this when I errantly copy something from somewhere else and paste it in the right destination, but on the wrong layer, like the mouseover layer. I'd check each layer individually and make sure you know that these objects really SHOULD be visible.

Hope that helps.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Al Welcome to Talkgraphics. Could you post your.xar file? If you can post it, it can help someone help you. Like slavelle says it could be an issue with layers, but without the file it's just a guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi all, and thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I don't think it's a layer issue this time for a few reasons. First, I checked for that by making all the layers hidden, and then selectively making only one visible at a time. The Note object (and others) are definitely on the Mouse Off layer.

Secondly, when I preview or export the website and view it in a browser, I would think the outline (sort of the "footprint") of the note would not be visible if it (the note object) were on another layer.

I've also tried the notes object on several pages, and the only ones that it works on are ones that do not have placeholders for PDFs. So, either I am repeating the same setup error randomly, or there's something about the PDF placeholders.

The above said, I am fairly new to this product so could be very easily making a dumb error, so I appreciate any help you all can give. I am attaching the first page of my site, which shows this problem. Notice how the "Post-It Note" shows in WD, but not in preview nor when exported.

TIA!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You haven't correctly closed the iframe tag - the preceding forward slash is missing.

<iframe name=myframe src=FTP_dvEvents\EVENTS_For_Home_Page.pdf width=100% height=100% frameborder=0 scrolling=auto marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You haven't correctly closed the iframe tag - the preceding forward slash is missing.
    Wow... perfect. Thanks so much for helping me with this. Interestingly I had just copied-n-pasted the html code from YouTube... will have to watch out for that in the future.

Thanks again!