Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Spheres

Default Spheres

I think that CorelDraw scores quite heavily over Xara Xtreme with their 3D Sphere Bitmap Effect compared to Xara Xtreme's Live Effects - Deformation/Dent-Bump Filter. Also it is great at creating seamless bitmap patterns.
    Should this thread be duplicated in the Dear Xara forum?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orb.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	72961  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: Spheres

Bob,
    I think it should be proposed in dear xara, make a sphere in xara is a many steps work around.
    Un abrazo
    Javier
    IP

I have done this tutorial, in vector, not bitmap, so many times I could do it in my sleep.

Bob, if you really think CorelDRAW is a better product for creating spheres then use CorelDRAW.

In case you have not been using Xara long enough, look at CorelDRAW 6, and then look at CorelDRAW 7, which was released one year after Corel acquired "marketing" rights to what was then called Corel Xara.

You may notice that there was a major change in CorelDRAW's intuitive user interface, linear transparency, "property bar" and a host of other features purloined from Corel Xara. Oddly, after the release of CorelDRAW 7, Corel Xara was pulled off the shelves. Corel's response was they could only support so many products at any time. Bunk!

Both applications have their strengths and weaknesses. OK? Illustrator can do some really cool things as well. But in the end, it is the talent of the artist using the software, not the software, that creates what is an original and creative image. Software is just a tool. No more, no less.

Just my dos centavos amigo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	real-shpere.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	72966  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 07 June 2010 at 10:52 PM.
    IP

Yep, I recall the technique from this 2003 tutorial at the Xone.
    IP