Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem publishing due to higher-case subfolder

Dear Sledger,

Hope you can help me out. Found some threads that allready wre about problems publishing but couldn't find my problem.

I've built a sit in Magix Xtreme webdesigner and bought Xara WD6 (really impresive piece of software!).
    This particular site gave problems because the navigation bar seems to be built in a different way in WD6. Not a problem, I just kinda rebuilt it and uploaded through an FTP program and everything seemed to work out fine.
    Second time, I had to change something, uploading wasn't as good as the first time: buttons are not showed, just a rectangular with a red x...
    Okay I thought. Then I just upload it with the built in FTP uploader in WD6: not possible, because my provider has a HTML called subfolder to upload the files to and WD6 doesn't allow higher-case written subfolders...aaah!
    Very strange...the first time it uploaded perfectly with Coffeecup FTP direct, but second time it doesn't...?!
    I went on searching further and noticed that with uploading through built in FTP an .xhl file is created on the server. When I do it through an external FTP program it isn't. So I thought to upload the website first on my own server, not the clients one, save the .xhl file and then copy it to his server. Still no solution: the site is still diplayed without buttons, just rectangulars with a red x...
    What am I doing wrong...better, is there a solution??

Sorry if this problem was allready in a thread somewhere... I'm really seperate after trying several ways to get the site up and running again, but I'm in total dispair right now...
    IP

Default Re: problem publishing due to higher-case subfolder

Hi, welcome to TG Forums.

Yes this is a known bug and I have it on good authority that this will be fixed when Xara release an update to WD6.

In the mean time the work-around is to paste your upper-case name into the sub-folder field.
    IP

Default Re: problem publishing due to higher-case subfolder

Thanks very much Sledger, this solved the biggest issue at the moment.
    I might post another thread somewhere else though...I'm experiencing troubles with my placeholders now...but I'll check the forum first.
    Thanks again, much appreciated!
    IP