Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Offset bitmap links on rollover in WD6

Hi folks,
    Is there any way to "offset" a link, in this case a bitmap or picture link, to one side when rolled over? From my brief reading, it seems the "Name" function of WD can hold a bunch more code, but have no idea how or what to use, if even possible.

Hope that made sense! In other words, instead of creating (and having to load) a whole new file when rolled over, it would just use and offset the same one.

OR.......while on the same subject, maybe it's possible to also scale the same picture in place?? (as in a typical rollover)

And on a side note..... Yea to Xara!!!! I can't believe that, what, 3 months ? after WD6 has been out I just now heard about it? I obviously wasn't subscribed to their email updates, let's just say I am now! I just saw (by 'accident') the update the other day on the website and promptly upgraded the next day.
    Just Wow......

Default Re: Offset bitmap links on rollover in WD6

Use a new layer for the rollover content and link the object on the mouseoff layer to the new layer via Web Properties>> mouseover [tab] to 'Show popup layer'
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure if I got across right, but does say, rolling over a picture use the very same file (ex. "pic1.jpg") as it does in the respective popup layer, or does it create a new file for the enlarged (or offset) version? The attached file shows the "hello" box when mousing over text, instead of the same box.

Yeh, you're hard to follow..

My example was just an example of the basic 'rollover' process I wrote in post 2. The method to achieve what (I think) you want.

You can use the same image file as a roll-over and make it larger, but Web Designer will create two files on export. 1 for the small version and 1 for the large version.

The process is the same as for my sample file.

See new file below
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry! I really wasn't sure how else to explain it.

But that did answer my question exactly. I was just wondering if it is feasible to create rollovers for individual products (for thumbnails of the product, that is) on the website. If it does create two files for each product (one for MouseOff, one for MouseOver), then that would be a huge site (my current one is big enough!). Okay, anyway, it was just a thought, and I appreciate the help!

edit -- oops, posted before you uploaded the new sample. Yes, that is what I was talking about.