Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Default WD6 - Cannot Save!

Hi guys,

I seem to have a serious problem with WD6...

I boldly (foolishly?) went straight from trial to purchasing WD6 without fully testing on my main rig - just liked the look of the new features so took the plunge without attempting to save anything.

So having activated my license I discover problems saving my first piece of real work...

1) File|Save and File|Save As both generate an "Access Violation exception at 0x00000000" message and fail to save.

2) Coming at this from a different angle, I restart WD6, create a simple document, close the document so that WD6 asks me whether I want to save my work before closing, I click 'Yes' and the programme completely hangs. Again the file is not saved.

I've used the "Send Error Report" feature - and have been through a repair and a re-install cycle with no luck.

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what might be causing this... clashing dlls or .net versions perhaps? Never had any problems with previous Xara Products.

Other Xara software: This machine also has Xara Xtreme Pro 5 on it.

Very grateful for any pointers, as I'm struggling to resolve it myself.

KultiVator
    IP

Default Re: WD6 - Cannot Save!

This may be a similar to the issue experienced by other users recently.

Please see:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?p=356911
    IP

England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Many thanks Mr Sledger!

I did some trawling... and can confirm that reverting to the Xara 'Classic' light-grey UI allows me to save my creations.

Really odd problem... hopeful that Xara will sort this out soon, as it seems to affect different installs in different ways.

Thanks again for the pointer.

KultiVator
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by KultiVator View Post
    ... and can confirm that reverting to the Xara 'Classic' light-grey UI allows me to save my creations.
    How do you do that? I see no UI options available....
    IP