Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: make a 3d box for a software packaging

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Steve, you're cracking me up! It didn't make any sense to me either. I know XX won't let you use the Mould tool on an extruded shape so it's the only reason I could think of, off the top of my head, why fuss could have the Mould tool selected but all of the perspective choices would be greyed out. Fuss mentioned 'object' but not anything about cover art, graphic, bitmap, photo, etc. That set a little bell to ringing in the back of my head and I thought I'd try to clarify exactly what 'object' fuss had selected.

Here's mini-how-to graphic and the XAR file to go with it. Maybe it'll help.

Let's see,
    Harry

I speak layperson, LOL. Sorry if I didn't use the correct person, but I'm not an expert/graphics person (hence, the questions).

Quote Originally Posted by fuss View Post
    I am in a completely different file with my cover image. Doesn't have anything to do with the 3D tool. I'm doing exactly as you have indicated and it's just not allowing me to select any of the perspectives.
    Please post your .xar file with just the cover image as stated because this doesn't sound right.

Question Re: make a 3d box for a software packaging

fuss, we can speak 'layperson' also, just give us a chance. We're at the point where we're not sure of what you're seeing and trying to do with the objects/shapes in your file. Did the example XAR file I provided shed any light on the issue?

As Steve said, if you can attach your XAR file, or a representative XAR file, to a post so that we can take a look at it we can probably pinpoint what's not going right fairly quickly.

Don't give up,
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    fuss, we can speak 'layperson' also, just give us a chance. We're at the point where we're not sure of what you're seeing and trying to do with the objects/shapes in your file. Did the example XAR file I provided shed any light on the issue?

As Steve said, if you can attach your XAR file, or a representative XAR file, to a post so that we can take a look at it we can probably pinpoint what's not going right fairly quickly.

Don't give up,
    Harry
    Yes, it did and thank you and to everyone for all your help!

I haven't had a chance to go back and deal with the moulding issue and the book cover is confidential so don't want to load it.

However, with everyone's help, I was able to get the lighting thing squared away and got everything the way I want is one fell swoop (without having to add the cover in later) with just the 3D tool in Xara Xtreme.

So thank you very, very much!!! I am much obliged!

I'm glad we could help and that you got it all sorted out, fuss. We knew you could do it!

Practice and perseverance,
    Harry