Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 6 with Swish Jukebox2

Has anyone had success installing a Swish Jukebox2 player in Web Designer 6 and getting it to play music on the Magix server. If so, what is the secret? Using the Web Properties thingie in Web Designer 6, I have tried importing jukebox.html, importing jukebox.swf, creating a rectangle as a placeholder for jukebox.swf and pasting jukebox.html in the text entry box.

I have succeeded in getting the Jukebox 2 player to work within Web Designer 6 on my computer. I have even managed to write the entire Web Designer 6 web page to a CD, view the web page and have it play a playlist on 3 different machines, one of which is a netbook. I created autorun.bat and autorun.inf files to make the CD based site self-loading.

The Jukebox2 player will not work within Web Designer 6 when the site is viewed on-line. Instead of title and artist I get a text line which reads "buffering nan%". I know the site will play swf music files from within Web Designer 6 because I have created objects on the web page and linked to the individual swf music files on the server. The music loads quickly and plays without any skips. I want an attractive, dedicated player with a configurable playlist however.

My site also contains videos processed with Swish Video3. There's no problem playing the videos, some of which are 7megs in size so I know that the music is not playing because Magix is offering insufficient bandwidth. The videos also load rapidly. There's no buffering to speak of once they do load.

Is there something about the way Web Designer 6 handles players with built-in playlists that I don't know about? The Jukebox2 program will also generate an external xml playlist file but this is not supposed to be necessary for getting the player to work on-line. From what I can tell, there's nothing special about the swf music files that Jukebox2 generates. I do not however know about the inner workings of player.swf. I've incorporated other swf features in the site that I've created with SwishMax and they work properly.

Here's the html source code that Jukebox2 generates. It looks like it should work:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <!-- BEGINNING OF JUKEBOX CODE -->
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="283" height="56">
      <param name="movie" value="jukebox.swf">
      <param name="quality" value="high">
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
         <embed src="jukebox.swf"      quality="high"
          type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
          width="283" height="56"
          bgcolor="#ffffff"
         >
        </embed>
    </object>
    <!-- END OF JUKEBOX CODE -->
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by Soquili; 22 May 2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Placed code tags so some characters are not converted to smilies

Default Re: Web Designer 6 with Swish Jukebox2

Hello DogThiefGuy,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I have not used the Magix servers so cannot speak from experience.

Others have reported issues with the service so there may be reasons some web features may not work.

BTW I put some bbcode tags around your example code. There was a 'big grin' in there that made it difficult to read properly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for correcting the example code. I noticed the Smilie after I posted. Smilies are on by default. I don't want them and don't know how to turn them off.

Technically, I'm not a new user. My ISP changed its e-mail suffix last year. I sent a request for password help days ago but never received a response to my new e-mail address. When will organizations realize that you can't send change instructions to e-mail addresses that have ceased to exist after a person registered? Was just easier for me to re-register under a new name.

You wrote: "Others have reported issues with the service so there may be reasons some web features may not work." All of the features work for me with the exception of the jukebox. My pages have a contemporary look but my coding is mid-90's and should work on any server.

I've created a folder which contains everything necessary to test a sample player with Xara Web Designer 6. I'm hoping that someone will be willing to create a test page with Web Designer 6, incorporate the player and upload it to any server of their choice to see if the player works. If it doesn't work with Web Designer 6, I'd like to know if the player works with a page created with some other web design program.

Inserting a music player or video player in a web page and making it work has always been a simple procedure for me but I've literally spend days trying to make this player work with Web Designer 6 on-line.

Here's a link to the Web Designer 6 site in case you or someone else would like to take a look. I've removed the player on the Jukebox page and just inserted a few test music links to make sure that the program and the server support swf music files.

GEM - classic juke joint music and images can be found at:
    http://dogthief.magix.net/public/

Now see the box where I can disable smilies. Now to figure out how to upload the test player folder. O.K. file is zipped and uploaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by DogThiefGuy View Post
    Technically, I'm not a new user. My ISP changed its e-mail suffix last year. I sent a request for password help days ago but never received a response to my new e-mail address.
    Please contact me will all details: sledger [at] gmail [dot] com

I've literally spend days trying to make this player work with Web Designer 6 on-line.
    Here's your Jukebox-test playing on the MAGIX server:

http://talkgraphics.magix.net/public...igner/jukebox/

Files attached. Details in the *.web file
    Attached Files Attached Files

sledger-

Thanks so much for your technical assistence. The Jukebox on my site is now working perfectly. I've never heard of an iframe and there's no mention of it in the Web Designer 6 Help File but those few lines of code did the trick after I substituted my file paths for those in your example and adjusted the size of the iframe to match the size of the player.

On a separate note, thanks for the offer to straighten out my original forum registration which goes back many years. I'd just as soon leave things the way they are now.

Best woofs,
    DogThiefGuy

I've never heard of an iframe and there's no mention of it in the Web Designer 6 Help File
    Neither is there any mention of 'Tweaks' to enhance your pages and provide additional functions.

But exist they do..
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44779

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44814

adjusted the size of the iframe to match the size of the player.
    In most cases this is not necessary as the placeholder controls the size of the 'area' on the page that the content populates.
    So leaving the iframe code as 100% for height and width is more often than not the best way to go.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 May 2010 at 08:27 AM.

I've looked at this post many times and looked at the links and still can't figure out my problem with Jukebox. Here is my link:

http://www.pbckannapolis.org/multimedia.htm

My player shows up and I've uploaded 3 songs to test the player. Everything looks good but no music plays. If anyone has suggestions to help, I would appreciate it.