Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help with mouseover links

I'm trying to create a mouse-over graphic that displays available links for the visitor to go to. I've got the mouse-over effect working right, but when you go to the links, they don't work (or, they sometimes work and sometimes don't).

I'm not sure what I'm missing, it should work as far as I can tell. Since I need the links to go to separate pages, I need to use the "mouseover" web properties tab rather than linking the entire mouse-off image to a single page (when I did that, all the links went to the same page).

Attached is the file I'm trying to work with. The "Learn" tab/graphic on the far left is the one with the active links in it. The rest are awaiting link-age after I find out how to make it work.

If you want to see the beta-site for how it works when I link the mouse-off graphic, here is the URL: http://clients.kirk-interactive.com/ptpiaz/

Any & All help would be appreciated! Forgot to mention - this is in WD6.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wolfcoach; 19 May 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: software version missing

Default Re: Need Help with mouseover links

Put the links on a new pop up layer.

The new pop up layer can also have its own mouseover layer.

So when you mouse over your graphic, the layer with the links appears with links and mouse over effects.

That work?

Default Re: Need Help with mouseover links

Yup - that did the trick! And I found out that the underlying problem was the "reflection" graphic. It was retaining the link i had deleted from it's couterpart.

Thanks for the help!