Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Brush bug

I don't know if it's just my computer or a bug in Xara but if I attempt to alter nodes in a line with a brush applied I often get unpredicable results, which can often be interesting but uncontrolable. I attach an image showing the way the bug has altered the size of certain elements of the brush after I've attempted some node editing. (The cut out ring is the original brush) I have'nt downloaded the latest patch yet (still using v1.0c).

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!brush_defect.gif 
Views:	291 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	2519  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't know if it's just my computer or a bug in Xara but if I attempt to alter nodes in a line with a brush applied I often get unpredicable results, which can often be interesting but uncontrolable. I attach an image showing the way the bug has altered the size of certain elements of the brush after I've attempted some node editing. (The cut out ring is the original brush) I have'nt downloaded the latest patch yet (still using v1.0c).

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Tell us more Egg. Unpredictable results are often the best.

Rgds.......Tad.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

'Nice' image- but my first thought on seeing it was that it was a picture of some sort of unpleasant intestinal worm. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Phil

Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Tad
    I've tried to do an image of the brush error. As I said earlier it's very unpredictable and often nothing unusual happens but I've reproduced it again after some messing around.

Phil
    I always end up with worms or microscopic gizmo's when I mess with the brush tool!

Egg

Name:	!!brush_defect2.gif 
Views:	269 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	15175  
    Egg

While it's definately more funny to see results interactively, what happens if "after" the image goes wacky... you click back to default line brush and then back to your custom one again - kinda reset the brush? Would the errors reproduce themselves or would it be fixed?
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Egg, would this have more to do with the node properties and its control handles being changed and how you have defined the behavior in the brush stroke (such as spacing, rotation, etc. and/or pressure sensitivity)? Just a thought.

John

WF and John

It's a strange fault. If I click undo until it disappears the redo it returns. I've also changed the brush to the default tool and then returned it to the original brush and it reappears. Also if I change the brush to a new one as in the image below it's still replicated. Has anyone else found this strange effect?

Egg

Name:	!!brush_defect3.gif 
Views:	219 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	19074  
    Egg

Yes I have often experimented this effect not only while adding new nodes but also while moving nodes of a brush with a free pressure profile! I think the tool isn't achieved for that matter.

Nevertheless I have experimented another thing very interesting: if you draw a line with a free pressure profile and revert this line with the shape editor tool it reverts exactly your free pressure profile between the two extremities of the line!

ivan

Thanks for the confirmation Ivan. I've experienced it fairly regularly since the beta version, but I thought it added something extra to my original image.

As for your second point, I can't quite understand what your saying. Could you kindly explain it in more detail?

Regards

Egg
    Egg