Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

This is propably a silly question to all you pros, but I'm trying to learn the program inside out.

I have used a brush in the tutorial I am following at the moment to give a "bumpy" outline to an elipse. It has made me wonder what else I could use brushes for.

I know they are fun, but any ideas on practical uses for them would be greatfully received and assimilated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

Hi,

This is propably a silly question to all you pros, but I'm trying to learn the program inside out.

I have used a brush in the tutorial I am following at the moment to give a "bumpy" outline to an elipse. It has made me wonder what else I could use brushes for.

I know they are fun, but any ideas on practical uses for them would be greatfully received and assimilated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

For my part I mainly use brushes to create borders, usually round photos or birthday (or any other occasion) cards.

In practice you can use a brush anywhere that you can have a line so a lot depends on what you are trying to do as to whether a brush could be used/developed.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi Carol,

Brushes can be used for many things. Have you looked through all the great brushes in the Swap Shop-Brushes forum.

A few years ago I posted a mini-tutorial on making a brush that looks like an ear of corn. You can see it here
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update