Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar edits

I have two different navigation bars located on each page of my website. When I edit the color of one of the bars, it automatically makes those same changes in the other bar, even though only one is selected. How can I make color changes to one navigation bar without changing the other. Please note, I am a novice. Thanks.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Navigation bar edits

The issue is that the designs (nav bars in this case) are using linked colors. So editing the named color, edits that color for everything that uses that same named color.

The easiest way around this is to cut your nav bar out of the website and paste it into a new .web file. Edit your theme colors here and when you are satisfied, cut and paste it back into your original .web file. Make sure you select 'Don't Match', when it asks you if you want to match the colors. When you do that you should have now Theme color 1 and Theme color 1a (or something similar) for the colors that you changed. Also if you decide to edit the colors again, you can now affect one version of the nav bar without affecting the other.

I hope that helps you out.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Ahhh...hadn't thought of that. Will have to try that tomorrow. Thanks so much for your input.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

No worries.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.