Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: line lengths

Default line lengths

If I have a text box with inserted text in both preview and publish the line length is shorter.
    To maintain the length I have to convert to shapes.

The text is Arial 13pix and bold.

It is also interesting to see that the convert to shapes line is blacker and bolder.

What am I missing!!

I am using Pro 5.1.

Peter

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: line lengths

Hi Peter,

Just a guess here but unless there is a bold version of the font you are using in your fonts directory, the text will not export bold (even if it shows up that way on your screen). I usually get a warning about that when I export. If you aren't getting the warning, perhaps you have turned it off.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Arial has a bold web font and also tried with times new roman and all end up with different line lengths.

On my desktop the web site I published looks OK but on my laptop I cannot see the end of the lines, text cut off - that is longer than the page size.

Both use Firefox and same version.

Peter

Ho Peter,

This can happen if you have resized the text box with the selection tool rather than the text area with the text tool.
    The text can become slightly squashed on the page but browsers cannot show squashed text so it will appear differently (normal font widths).

Another thing to check is your browsers font settings, make sure they are at factory defaults

Best if you can attach your .web file for us to check though