Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default paint shop pro photo x1

after developing problems with paint shop i deleted the program from my computer.now for some reason it wont load back in.After i put in the security code it begins to load ,until a message comes up saying...stopping settings.I then get a message saying........error 1921.service protexislicencing could not be stopped.please verify that you have sufficient privalages to stop system services. Can anyone help me please,its only the 2nd time ive reloaded the disc as it is only a month ago i got it.
    IP

Default Re: paint shop pro photo x1

Hello agony,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I would suggest contacting Corel support with your problem. I'm not aware of any member that could help identify the cause of the problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Well you will not get help from Corel unless you pay .
    You will need to install as administrator to have full rights alternatively You have left bits behind when you Deleted it.
    http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answer...p/155/r_id/166

That the Corel Knowledge base where you can download Zaps PSP that will uninstall any bits and set the registry right.along with the instructions
    IP

Answer ID 761494 - Error 1921. Protexis Licensing Service cannot be stopped.
    The 1921 error is caused by the installation program not having permissions to stop the Protexis Licensing Service automatically.

The following procedure should stop the 1921 error from happening

1. Make sure no other applications are running.
    2. Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
    4. Click onto the Processes tab and look for PSIService.exe*.
    5. Highlight PSIService.exe and click the End Process button. Say yes to the prompt.
    6. Now try to install the program.

*If you do not see PSIService.exe, check the box near the bottom of the Task Manager window that says "Show processes from all users", then look again.
    IP

This might help. Had enormous problems a couple of years ago with Painter that was down to Protexis. Long story short - see here for what fixed it for me

Be careful with the registry editing though!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

thanks everyone for your help.I followed trevs advice and my corel is up and running.So thanks to all that replied and thank you trev
    IP