Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Maker - Exporting Saved Project

I'm trying menu maker before purchasing, however, once I save a demo project I cannot export it to WD6.

Default Re: Menu Maker - Exporting Saved Project

1. This is not a Menu Maker forum.
    2. You can not import Menu Maker project into WD.
    3. You don't need Menu Maker if you have WD6! WD6 has all the Menu Maker functionality built in.
    John.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi John,

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this post.

Then I thought, 'Ah! One thing that MM has that XWD6 doesn't is the cool designs."

This lead me off on a bit of an adventure of discovery.

First I tried to import the .wix files into XWD6 and XXP5. I discovered that I couldn't do this even though it is one of the import file types included.

One of the cool things on the templates in MM is the tops and bottoms for the menu bars. I thought, "I'll bet you could do this in XWD6 too, with the first and last buttons different functionality". So I set off to try it out and this is what I found out.

If you want to make the tops and bottoms work with the Nav Bar tool, the tops and bottoms need to be buttons. That is, they need to have the same states as your other buttons (MouseOff, MouseOver, etc) and they need to have text in them. In my examples I've given the text the same fill as the top and bottom to hide them. Also both states are the same so they don't change on mousover, even if you were to add a URL (which I didn't).

Your tops and bottoms will align left. This means that if they aren't the same size as your buttons and the top and bottom should be centered, they will appear off center. See my first example. There are pleanty of ways around this, but it is important to know.

Unclicking the 'Adjust Button Widths to Labels' option will keep your tops and bottoms from being distorted.

In any case, I thought it was an interesting exercise. Here are 3 examples (in 1 .web file) that you can play with.

Eric

P.S. I think it would be very cool if the MM templates were available to the owners of MM for use in XWD6.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    One thing that MM has that XWD6 doesn't is the cool designs.
    Not only. It also has poor compatibility with the latest browsers like IE8. Therefore I would strongly suggest to use WD6 instead.
    John.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Point taken.

I was more interested in figuring out how to replicate one of the things that I really liked about the designs in MM (specifically the end designs) and finding a way to make something similar in XWD6.

I thought it was interesting. Perhaps someone else will find the information useful as well.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.