Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Audio plays across pages

Okay - Got it. Thanks again Sledger.

Sledger, I have used your tips and now have the music playing on startup, many thanks. I now have an important question.....how can I turn the music off, once it becomes annoying?

If I could ask another related(maybe) question. I used the "adding flash to web" route. Upon clicking on my button, the sound does play, which is awsome, so thanks so much for all the great tutorials on doing this. One thing I noticed though, is after clicking, the popup layer remains the active layer, and is then unclickable, until the person browsing reclicks somewhere on the page. It then resets to its original layer, and is once again clickable to play the sound. Here it is in motion.(bandwith sucks).

http://jonnyb31.magix.net/public/snakes/facts.htm

I altered the colors slightly on popup layer, so the user can once again see when the image is clickable, but I would prefer it to auto return

Any advice on how accomplish that?

Sorry got it, For some reason had to reupload the flash placeholders, and/or flash document to the root folder of website , and overite and older file with the same filename?. Oh well thanks again so much for all the helpful advice you post to here.

Well almost got it, though I suppose its good enough. In Ie there is no difficulties. In firefox, if for some reason you are scrolled too far away from where the placeholder is located it wont play the sound, until you scoll back closer to where it is placed. So of course I placed it fairly close to the image you click, but still not perfect
    Last edited by jonnyb31; 30 July 2010 at 01:15 PM.