Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stroke vs filll color with brushes?

(Hi all,)
    Does anybody know how to specify how to determine what aspects of a brush can be defined as changeable by the stroke color property and which by the fill color property?
    As when i use stroke in a brush these objects do not seem to show up.
    Can this be controled ....ie for different parts

Default Re: Stroke vs filll color with brushes?

Hi David,
    Two things to say here to change the colour of a brush although not difficult could be easier. You have to use named colours and Egg gave a good example here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=10709
    Joke artist made a great video on the subject and I tried to find it but blow me using the google search can't see it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

My video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT78wW3Yseo and if you want some more insight into working with brushes there's more stuff in the attached tutorial plus some brushes I made.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for that i took a poke around on your website too...
    Some nice logo designs in your catalog...
    I actually appreciate the ideas when it comes to logos more than the vector skills etc....
    being an embroidery digitizer by trade i can see you made some serious work for some poor sap....LOL (i.e all the vector fades in the more complex ones ETC)

Your brushes were interesting too...
    gave me the impression you like to use your vector app in a similar way that someone might use Corel Painter (I think you know what im trying to say.)

And I think render time is the reason why this is impractical generally
    (But i think software designers ect could help...one way would be to have an "Freeze render" button on each layer (like the eye icon ETC)
    But this would convert the whole layer to a raster image and archive the vector objects to save on the render.... i digress)

but i would love to see a serious piece in this vein if you have one (I love hardcore stuff).