Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Freehanders again

A group of Freehand users are having a go at Adobe again - what a pity Xara falls short for these guys.

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/n...NewsID=3222520

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Freehanders again

A niche user audience of an estimated 20- or 30,000 designers
    One would think that would be enough potential sales that Xara would look at what it would take to close the gap. I'm guessing that better brushes would be a large part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

There's no Mac version of Xtreme.
    John.

Look at what they still have in the programme in the way of vector tools that can still be used and all the functionality. They want Adobe to give up its hold on FreeHand and let the community develop the programme. I have sent my postcard to one of the Adobe sales directors as I liked using the MX version. Can't see why Adobe won't relinquish its hold bar it would be a competitor to Illustrator!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Can't see why Adobe won't relinquish its hold bar
    Because sooner or later most of the current Freehand users will buy in to the Illustrator. This may be not so however if Freehand get the open source life. Obviously for Adobe it's a straightforward decision to simply do nothing and get some 30000 new users.
    John.

They have tried to lure the Freehand users a few times by offering Illustrator at the upgrade price but most of them still hold one but I would agree that they are getting to the stage now when they are desperate. Still think that the programme had much more going for it than Illustrator had when Adobe took over Macromedia to asset strip Dreamweaver & Flash.
    Design is thinking made visual.