Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help: XARA WD6 : Error code: -6 "The program could not be started."

Hello,

can someone help me? I just tried to install WD 6 (from MAGIX, because in German), I also use Xara Pro 5 (also in German) often and which I like very much.

My problem is this:

Installion (from CD) was ok, without errors, but when I tried to start WD 6
    I have this error code (message):

--------------

"The program could not be started. Itīs possible that the installation folder is damaged. Reinstalling the programm could remedy the problem. If the error occurs again, please contact support"

Error code: -6

--------------

Deinstallation and a new installation of WD6 did not help. Also not registry cleaning with cc cleaner and/or newstart. I suppose it is that I did have installed WD6 trial (english) from Xara website when launched. Everything did work fine with the trial. He was finsihed (trial time) and I did buy full version today.

Of course I did deinstall the trial before (with Xara deinstall routine) and only then installed WD6 (full).

I did already google the problem and searched talkgraphics.com but did find now answers.

My old installation WD5 (I did have installed both Magix and Xara version) did work parallel without any problems. Should I deinstall them first? But I still have also Xara Pro 3.2 on my system and everything works fine, no matter which I start from them.

Has anybody ideas; beside contacting Magix support what can last and last and last

Thanks TomTom
    IP

Default Re: Help: XARA WD6 : Error code: -6 "The program could not be started."

I have the same problem here with Designer Pro 6 trial version. No idea what's wrong yet
    IP

Default Re: Help: XARA WD6 : Error code: -6 "The program could not be started."

This can happen if the setup file is damaged, Try downloading a new copy?
    Also, a RAM error can cause corrupt installations.
    IP