Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post May 2010

Haven't been around much this month but have managed to do some card design, including the attached, which apparently is being produced as an A5 card. It looks much better in real life than on screen and still needs a bit of work.

Penny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alphabet2.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	71905  

So intricate - must have taken some time!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

A couple of Emoticons. Might need some explanation for non-UK folk: TTFN is a not much used now abbreviation for "Ta-Ta for now" - i.e. "Goodbye for now" - and the second is me preparing for the inevitable campaign now the Tories are back in power!

I've attached a .zip if you want them.

Name:	emoticons.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	72076  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Penny

How is the card going to be used? And did you design the letters? They are very elegant.

Thanks, John and Gary. It didn't take that long to put together once I had made a basic selection of shapes. The letters are a font called Vivian Regular. I think the card is being produced as a blank.........a sort of general purpose card. I was a bit surprised that they took it, but presumably they know what sells!

When I was in the Air Force my major Command was Air Force Communication Command (AFCC). Last night I found that the command had been disbanded sometime in the mid to late 1990s.

As a tribute I decided to create the Command's patch in various vector formats.

The attached png shows what the patch looks like. The attached .zip file contains the .xar along with the .png and some common vector files. Hopefully one may be of use to some of the other former members of the AFCC.

Name:	AFCC_Badge.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	72563  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Youtube Re: Stop & Post May 2010

Just posted a couple more animations. Little Pebble can be seen at The Family Media Channel and The Unbeatables at my YouTube channel. Both were done in Xara Xtreme Pro and Toon Boom Studio.

It's not high art and there's nothing complicated about anything here but I thought I'd post some examples to show that Xara can and is being used very successfully in the commercial world.
    I've been with the program since it was Corel and have stayed with it as a precious tool amongst photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash etc. Nothing touches Xara for speed, simplicity and stunning finished product.
    Here is a selection of work I did for a children's play centre including website, posters, menus, newspaper ads, large scale vinyl cutouts, character development, external signage etc. Xara did the lot. It's garish (exactly what the client wanted!) but Xara did the job to perfection.
    Shotan, artworks-unlimited

Name:	F1poster700w.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	72657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel1.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	72658  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HowzmanMenus.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	72659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HowzmanMontage.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	72662  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HowzmanCafePreview.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	72664  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I just joined the forum and this is my first post. Yes, I'm a newbie. I have owned Xara products for years but I am now just getting into vector art.

I like what you did with the cartoon work. I think it's fine art. Thank you for sharing.

Here's an image based on a couple of tutorials that I went through. The apple and the shiny buttons tutorials.

Name:	apple logo.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	72666  

I found a video tutorial demonstrating how to draw a fountain pen. This was my first exposure to vector shading. Here is the fountain tip that I created.

I would like to draw a car but I am having lots of problems trying to figure out the shading techniques for the curves of the fenders. Does anyone know of any tutorials that would be beneficial for drawing people in cars?

I have recently fallen in love with Xara and I'm exploring many of its capabilities. I look forward to interacting with many of you on this forum. From what I see here, you guys that you are true artists. Keep up the great work.

Name:	pen.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	72668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pen 2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	72669