Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

Voters
186. This poll is closed
  • I love social networking sites. It’s a great way to keep in touch and a brilliant use of the web.

79 42.47%
  • Hate ‘em, hot air and self promotion. I know who my friends are, we actually talk to each other.

107 57.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

neither love nor hate

very useful resource for promotion

very much of a security minefield for those who are unaware of what is necessary to keep safe - that includes both social engineered trojan/malware type stuff and the privacy implications

to stay truly anonymous on the web takes a fair bit of constant [and technical] ducking and diving - these days it is more the breadth of information being gathered and what is being done with is that is of concern - of course it does not help if the person is unaware of the difference between a conversation [in the old fashioned sense] and publishing [which is what you do on the web, like it or not]...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I have a facebook account and a Twitter account, though I don't use them that often. When I first opened the accounts I used them quite a bit but I guess the thrill wore off. Once in a while I still will use them and maybe post something and see what other people are posting. Forums like this are a kind of social networking.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

I love social networking sites. It’s a great way to keep in touch and a brilliant use of the web.
    IP

Interesting insights into how Facebook uses user information in Ari Pariser's book The Filter Bubble. You can read a NY Times Book Review here. Also how Google decides what you want to see when you do a search and how things you look at on various websites appear in ads on other sites you visit.
    IP

It can go one way or another, depending on how wisely you make use of it. Marketing purists might scoff at anything internet related, but online marketing benefits really can't be denied.
    IP

To me they're just another tool. On Facebook I'll post a link to one of my new websites and the site statistics for that site will show a jump in traffic at that day/time. I also have a client that wanted to be able to add updates and current news to his site himself. He uses Twitter and I had him get a Facebook account. I then made a page the shows his Twitter and Facebook feeds in placeholders. He can say what he wants on those and they display automatically on his site without intervention from me. On the downside, there are people that ask questions on Facebook only to generate discussion/traffic without really caring what people have to say. Social networking isn't going away, might as well take advantage of it.

Jim
    IP

great for expressing yourself!
    IP

Yes, this is how I feel too. I feel much more in touch with my friends & family around the world thanks to them. But they can be addictive and give people an excuse to not live in the place & moment.
    IP

For me it is good way to improve social interaction with friends and others who know me and whom I knew as well, it also helps me with my business, because other than words-of-mouth strategy, facebook really helps me with other people to know about my business.
    IP

I prefer to talk to people I know and face to face. Having said that it is very good for business.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP