Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortcut Keys

...about Word2000. It wasn't my original intention rather it was a "corportate decision" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. My old machine was replaced and 2000 is the new standard. I typed up the list after-hours when I did not have access to any older machines. The Save As options had some wierd RTF choices to lower versions which would have screwed with the table format. (If I had my druthers, I'd still be using WP5.1 for DOS.) Give me a chance and I'll try to get lower common denominator format. At least this gets the ball rolling.

I didn't find the helpfile version in a convenient organization so I thought putting the info into a table would be handy because it COULD BE SORTED by different criteria. I'll supply an RTF and ASCII version as well and ZIP them up.

Ross or Gary can then edit out these old threads

[This message was edited by John S. Clements on August 11, 2001 at 08:13.]

You guys sure are going to a lot of trouble when this whole thing is printed on the brochure included in the CD case. I did like the template that goes across the top of the computer. I used to use one of these for Word Perfect until I learned all the shortcuts.

I do try to use as many shortcuts as possible, since my hands get stiff when on the mouse too much. Also, I got the tablet with mouse and ISB port. This way, I can use a pen, a mouse, or a trackball to navigate. All these help. I memorize the shortcuts as I need them and, yes, alt/shift is one of my favorites, especially since I found out about the task bar at the bottom.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif

My PC's been down for a while. I'm working a revision which has included the above addenda. I've been informed that some of the nudge-key modifiers work differently on none US keyboards. I am working of that and hopefully those will be included as well.

It should, therefore, include a tad bit more than what's in the helpfile and quite a bit more than what you'll find on the fold-out found in the CD case.

This time the goal is to post an HTM file or two that all can easily read with their browser. Word processing files (in table format) will also be available later on.