Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Are there books available to enable me to learn to use XARA Web Designer?

Hi!

I currently use HTML/CSS to design my websites.

This is time consuming and tiring.

I'm keen on buying Web Designer 7. Are there any books/guides available which will enable me to learn how to use the software?

When I purchased Xara Photo and Graphic Designer, I used Gary Boutons "Xara Extreme 5 - The Official Guide", to learn to use the software. I worked through the book until I covered all the chapters.

I know tutorials are available but I'm very old fashioned and still prefer textbooks.

I live in South Africa, Johannesburg, are there perhaps courses that I could attend to broaden my knowledge of Graphic Designer and also learn Web Designer?

Most colleges focus on Photoshop and CorelDraw as these are used in the mainstream.

But I love Xara! Please advise.

Default Re: Are there books available to enable me to learn to use XARA Web Designer?

Not really but there are movies (Help > Movies) which are videos.

Also see The Basics of Website Design.

Default Re: Are there books available to enable me to learn to use XARA Web Designer?

That link is Fantastic, this should be in the help file. Just what i needed to know, thank you.

Thank you! Will check it out.