Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WD6 instalation..directory

No big deal I was wondering as it is always empty as far as I can see...
    JimM
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Mine was located in...User ... /Public/Pictures folder
    Totally mystified

The last thing I would want if for Xara to create 'Masters' folders all over my PC based perhaps on where I imported the source images.

Yep - this is one for the Covoxer
    IP

I pondered what might be different about my two sites that could explain the Masters folder appearing in one and not in the other. The only discriminator I could come up with is in the above site I deleted the existing nav buttons and brought in a new WD6-style nav bar, whereas in the site where the Masters folder wasn't created I kept the original XXP5 nav buttons.

I can't imagine how that would make any difference, but it's the only difference I can recall between them.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com
    IP

Well I am back again with this 'Masters' directory.
    I deleted all 'Masters' directories from my system, then opened WebDesigner 6 and experiment with Photo Pop-ups using my grandchildren.
    When I finished experimenting I exited the program and there it was ...A Masters directory withing my KIds directory where I imported the Images..does WD6 create this directory and for what purpose as it is empty?
    JImM
    p.s. If this is the case one is going to have Masters directories all over. LOL
    IP

It appears the /Masters folder is created by Xara when you import images via File>>Import
    The /Masters folder is created in the same folder as the images you have imported, just what purpose it serves is unclear because as you say, it's empty and can even be deleted while WD6 is open and using the photos you just imported.

The /Masters folder is not created if the same images are drag'n'dropped into WD6 or pasted from the clipboard.
    IP

This raises a good point mmmmmm maybe for another thread we will see, why import images in the first place? I have always just dragged and dropped from wherever they are I dont think I have ever used the import tool am I missing something?

Chris

PS Can confirm no master folders anywhere here
    IP

I'm not an importer either, I just wanted to find out which action caused the software to create the folder as I'd not seen it so far yet Scotty and Spinny have.
    IP

I do a lot of importing and I have the damn things everywhere
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !
    IP