Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default WD 6 / 'current page' NavBar buttons

has anybody found the 'Auto-highlighting of 'current page' NavBar buttons' option?

Thanks a lot Xara, for taking your software another large step towards THE perfect wysiwyg webdesign tool!

Default Re: WD 6 / 'current page' NavBar buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Yellosub View Post
    has anybody found the 'Auto-highlighting of 'current page' NavBar buttons' option?
    There's no such option. All the rollover buttons (the objects that have a link and mouseover or mousedown state) have this auto highlighting applied automatically. This is a new feature in WD6.
    However, you can disable this feature for the WD5/X5 compatibility. To do so, simply add the "NoAutoHighlight" name to any object in your design.
    John.

Hi John

I just put this in another thread but here we go

I updated a wd5 site yesterday and wd6 just automatically added this new feature all on its own, and it works beautifully, the nav bar in question was from the original wd5 gallery though so dont know if that makes a difference but it all worked just fine

Chris

Yes, it was intended to work this way. And we implemented it so that the 'selected' state is automatically added to any rollovers created in WD5/X5. It's simple and perfectly safe. If you have a mouseover state, it will be used for the current page link. This can't ruin the design as you vouldn't ever add something design ruining as the mouseover state right? Now, if you in addition has a mousedown layer, it will be used instead of the mouseover. These simple rules are good enough to have a slick transition for the old designs and good capabilities for the new ones.
    John.

Its awesome John and really really intuitive now can you stop selling it? I am going to be out of a job otherwise

Chris

Brilliant, Xara continues to amaze me!

Great, thank you John.

Something similar (and cool) related to this:

I usually place an "accessibility navbar" of text links along the footer of my designs. When you navigate to a given page, the footer text link for that particular page no longer shows up in "link mode," rather in normal text however you defined it before applying the link.

Nice touch.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

covoxer,
    I have a current nav bar made in XX5 which uses my own design for the current page button which is totally different than the mouse-over button. WD6 changed them to the mouse-over look. Is there a way to return it to the way I designed it? There's 15 pages in this navigation.

Jim

One way is to globally disable this feature with the "NoAutoHighlight" name.
    Another one is to simply remove the mouse over portions form the buttons that linking to the current page. Or remove the link from these buttons. If I correctly understand the problem.
    John.

covoxer,
    There are 27 pages in the site with this nav bar on each page. The "current" page has it's own look to the "current" button, different than the mouse-over look. I'm assuming I'll have to go to each button and add the NoAutoHighlight to retain this look?

EDIT: It really wasn't as bad as I thought. I only had to go to each "current" button and add the NoAutoHighlight via the dropdown menu (which I hadn't noticed before). Thanks!

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 27 March 2010 at 12:19 PM.