Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: From xara xtreme to xara3D6

[QUOTE=f as you can see in the attachment.

Is there a way to trace the sloping sides of my logo.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    Sorry fabian I can't seem to find your attachment,to further help you, but to answer your question, Yes. You just need to figure out how to use the shape editor tool properly. If you could post an image someone here can help. I'll try to put together simething that will help answer that question.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry

This is what I was trying to show, I don't know what happened to the attachment I wanted to include.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fabian

I've used the pen tool to trace around my logo, but when I use the "Selector Tool" to try and select the traced area the middle design part keeps moving out from under the logo and I'm unable to select anything.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
    Fabian

what you have done so far, in your attachment post #12, looks good

is the problem you are now having with further detail?

it would be useful to see the xar file you are working on if you are prepared to post it up so we can see exactly what it is you are trying to do... I am not too clear here [but I have come in late ]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tex.gif 
Views:	108 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	71146  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Fabian the .xar file you provided has the vector you need. Simply select all and copy to the clipboard. In Xara3D6 click the Edit menu and select Paste. You should have the Stargate Atlantis logo ready for modifying in X3D.

Are you having problems getting a texture to align properly?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Fabian, you are almost there.
    This is your work but reduced in size.
    To finish: export the image as a png, select all, copy and pate into X3D.
    From X3d load your png as texture. (I found that size 100%-angle 0 works.)
    Set your background to whatever you want

On a side note: I suppose there are differing opinions but when making a screen saver I like to set the background to black so it for sure should not burn the screen, if the other objects are rotating then their color doesn't matter in this regard, but that's just me. Of course in this example setting the background to black would not work because then all you would see would be the white horse.

If anyone else has an opinion about background color for screen savers, and why, I would like to hear. Now that I think about it, maybe I'm all wet. I wonder if a white background would be a bad idea? What does anyone think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sorry for the long delay Larry but I was having my broken heart mended and it takes a while to sit up at the computer again.

I've now figured out what I'm suposed to do, but each time I try to select the logo with either the Shape editor tool or Pen tool the lines go off in all directions and I end up with a huge black blob that I can't control.

Its a pity you can't select the logo with a marquee tool as you do in other programs like Photoshop or PSP.

Could you explain further

Thanks.
    Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Xara Xtreme is a vector graphics program as you know and works differently from a raster editor like PSP or PS.
    Using the shape editor to slice out objects takes a little getting used to, but not much - once you understand that it's not a marquee (marching ants) pixels selector but more like a cookie-cutter, then you'll be on your way to preferring it for bitmap slicing like many others do

Have a look at these two videos which explore the shape editor and then pen tool:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...80&postcount=2

Well almost there sledger,

The colours don't seem to have come out right and the actual logo seems to dip at the top middle when it starts to go into the spin. This might happen on everyone elses logo too. I don't know.

I'm still not satisfied with this at the moment and feel sure there is more to tweek and ofcourse I've got to add a background.

I've also bought a copy of Xara Extreme 5 "The official Guide" to help me with the rest of the software, have to see how it goes.

Thanks for the videos, I found them very helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fabian

Hi Everyone.

Is it just me?!

When the logo is spinning, the top part of the logo is pushed back.

I have attached two pics to show this.

If you have a look at the wings and the horse's head, you can see this.

The word ATLANTIS and the wings and the head of the horse are pushed back. Squashed a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantis 1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	73191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantis 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	73192  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone