Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Hi all,
    I have Designer 5, and am keen to buy 6 as it answers many of the nits I have with the original version. However, I've downloaded the trial, and it won't let me open sites I've created in 5. What happens when I click 'Open' in the file menu is either the program shuts down, or I get an error message with the following code: bdf60f4c-f3e1-44e0-8e94-81727609312b.

I would buy this upgrade right now, but not unless someone can assure me that I'll be able to work on pre-existing sites created in 5 without a lot of hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    This feature may be enabled in the WD6 update.
    If you say "will be" instead of "may be", my dusty old credit card comes out today.

Hi Jaycee,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

If you are willing to attach one of your .web files that is causing the problem. Please start a new thread and attach your file. We can see if the problem occurs for some of us as well, and try to find the cause.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Jaycee,
    On my system, I have no problems opening any .web file with WD6. I just did a search for all .web files (420!). Any that I click on open and are editable without a problem, dating from 4/24/03 to today.

Jim

Thumbs up Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Just bought it ! It's awesome ! Till now no complaints from me.
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Thanks guys, but I don't get as far as selecting a site. As soon as I click on 'Open', I get an error message: Access Violation Exception 0x000000000 (of however many noughts) and the option to send an error report. If I hit 'Send', it gets sent, then the program folds. If I hit continue, it folds as soon as I try to do anything. I'm wondering if re-downloading it would help - maybe it got corrupted on the way?

I've tried downloading it to my other laptop, but when I try to open the .exe file to install it, it tells me Xara Web Designer is already installed, referring to 5.

Confused? I certainly am! I've checked and double checked, but the download is definitely 6.

Unhappy Re: Xara Web Designer 6 run problem

A slightly different problem here. After downloading and trying to run it. I'm getting a Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library dialog box that says

"Runtime error!
    Program: (path to Webdesigner.exe)
    abnormal program termination

This is on Vista Ultimate SP2, tried both installing normally and as admin.

For XP, there's a MS KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307817 but that's no joy for Vista.

The program uninstall list shows C++ 2005 Redistributable and a separate ATL update kb for it, and C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.21022.218

I'll do more checking...

ADDED: There's a C++ SP1 so I d/l & installed, no change. Then I uninstalled both the 2005 packages and the older 2008 package, no change.
    Last edited by frankc2; 31 March 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Question Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Does anyone know if Javascript functions can be added to the <head> and or HTML snippets and then called with onClick or onMouseOver commands in WD6?

I'm particularly interested in using innerHTML to fill text boxes with data "on the fly"

Frank I'm running WD6 on Vista Ultimate SP2 (32bit version) without any issues. Also have it running on Windows 7 (64bit version) without any issues.

It may be you have something else installed that uses a different version of the C++ runtime.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

OK, I've uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, and I'm still having the same problem so sadly, I'm giving up for now until someone else can replicate the problem. My operating system is Vista Home Premium SP2 if that has any bearing on the matter.