Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Yes, this is a known bug.
    Xara will likely fix this in a patch before too long.

Just bought it BUT... WD6 will not open a .web file created in WD5. To be fair, the site opens and I can see rectangles for all the pages and the Properties box shows that they have the correct names and I can even preview the site/pages but none of the elements is visible or can be selected.

Is there an import function i am missing, please?

Make sure that all static layers are visible before exporting or previewing. WD6 only exports visible static layers.
    John.

Other (more complex) .web files seem to open OK but the one I have just started (and wanted to complete using WD6) will not. I have tried dragging the contents of a page from WD5 to WD6 but get the message "Internal program error 845.k.rn.gn" or that could be 845.k.m.gn. The message box was very sexy, however.

Quote Originally Posted by bexvlad View Post
    Other (more complex) .web files seem to open OK but the one I have just started (and wanted to complete using WD6) will not. I have tried dragging the contents of a page from WD5 to WD6 but get the message "Internal program error 845.k.rn.gn" or that could be 845.k.m.gn. The message box was very sexy, however.
    I have managed it, a page at a time by just clicking 'OK' to the error message. Perhaps this will help someone else with a similar problem.

I would have my credit card out immediately if Xara had solved just one problem - the ability to name images. Now that images keep static names, I don't understand why it has not been implemented.

If I am marketing plant pots, I want my images to have real names such as plastic-plant-pot.jpg - this is a basic recommendation for SEO and also attracts more hits from Google Images.

It's been discussed may times in the forum - it's the one thing that kills XWD for me and I'm very sorry that it wasn't included in what appears to be a major upgrade.

Yes, but as far as we are told this time around the Xara assigned names are not swapped for other images when you update.
    And don't forget to use ALT text, Google loves ALT text

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    if Xara had solved just one problem - the ability to name images.
    This feature may be enabled in the WD6 update.
    John.

Really John? As in the update to fix little niggles? As in Very very soon??????

That really would make it well purrrrrrrrrrrfect

Hope so

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    If I am marketing plant pots, I want my images to have real names such as plastic-plant-pot.jpg - this is a basic recommendation for SEO and also attracts more hits from Google Images.
    I don't know if it has been discussed or if it is even a consideration by Xara, but the ability to create and name folders for both SEO and site structure is important.