Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

CurlyInKC;

I just did that. You need to click on the "Help" menu and select "Download Templates". Make sure you're ready for a break -- the Template download is big and takes a long time. The Template downloaded is self installing -- just double click to install.

BTW: Does anyone know how to get the Layer Gallery to display the Layer contents -- like Xtreme Pro?

Ron

Default Re: Upgrade from XE5?

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    I see posts about upgrading from WD5 to WD6 but what about from XE5?

Do we get a discount? What is the cost?

I don't see any discount except from WD5.

Tks all - jb
    Try this thread if you want to change the skin colour though many, including myself are finding they like the new colour and that it makes working easier once you are used to it.
    Xtreme is going to be that colour in the next release so if you are a user or potential user you may have to get used to it
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44503

I am still evaluating the new program, but I am very pleased with it so far. It is a significant upgrade and the developers deserve much praise.

One thing concerns me. I recently bought the extra template pack for 5. Can this be used in 6? If not, I feel that recent purchase was an unjustified waste.
    TJB

Quote Originally Posted by spondoolix View Post
    I... I recently bought the extra template pack for 5. Can this be used in 6? If not, I feel that recent purchase was an unjustified waste.
    I have just bough the upgrade to Web Designer version 6 . I am in the same situation for the template library.

Now I am unsure if :

- UNINSTALL Version 5 and INSTALL Version 6 : what happen to the Template Library ?

or

- INSTALL Version 6 on a different folder and keep both version.

I would avoid having mess with double libraries, DLL, Entries in Registry

Suggestions ?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by spondoolix View Post
    One thing concerns me. I recently bought the extra template pack for 5. Can this be used in 6? If not, I feel that recent purchase was an unjustified waste.
    Open the Design Gallery and click Disc Designs and point to your ClipArt Folder within the Zara folder. Then you'll see the Template expansion pack files. By adding one of them it will also add the rest of them. I just did this myself and it works great. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lemire View Post
    BTW: Does anyone know how to get the Layer Gallery to display the Layer contents -- like Xtreme Pro?
    This has been answered in your other thread Ron, however for the benefit of others who may only be following this thread, the Object Level to Page layers is one of the 'Pro' features which is only available in Xara Xtreme Pro 5 to date. Xtreme Pro 6 will also have this level to layers.

WD5, WD6 and Xtreme classic only have the page layer levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Frank I'm running WD6 on Vista Ultimate SP2 (32bit version) without any issues. Also have it running on Windows 7 (64bit version) without any issues.

It may be you have something else installed that uses a different version of the C++ runtime.
    But...but...but I'm running v2008 fresh off the MS website.

CurlyInKC,

Many thanks for your helpful tip about adding the extra templates. I am most grateful and will try it out later today.

OK - I have now tried this and it works just as you said it would. I'm a happy man again. Thank you.
    Last edited by spondoolix; 02 April 2010 at 08:44 AM.
    TJB

All these accolades for WD6 ...
    I've been using WD40 for years! C'mon ... catch up ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD6.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	71102  
    Last edited by Intbel; 02 April 2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added silly graphic
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

antimix,

Now I am unsure if :

- UNINSTALL Version 5 and INSTALL Version 6 : what happen to the Template Library ?
    I think that you can keep both 5 and 6 without experiencing any bad consequences. I have.
    TJB