Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

The Xara Outsider specifically references "web designers", so whatever the announcement is, it seem unlikely to be new vector tools...

"Web Designers amongst you might want to sign up to one of our instant news services (see under Other News) to ensure you catch some Big News as it happens... before the next Outsider."

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It could be that they are releasing a new version of Web Designer first, and perhaps a new version of Xtreme is coming later, so there could still be some hope for Xtreme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Personally I would hope that if they still plan on continuing to Market Web Designer and release Web Designer 6 that they would release Xtreme 6 at the same time with all the new Web Designer features included and hopefully with some new vector tools.

I would hate to have to jump back and forth between applications like I had to do before Web Designer features were added to Xtreme 5.

I realize that there is another tread asking for leaner version of Xtreme but I like having everything in one application.

sledger not to take into account that I don't know Australian Dollars and their position to Euro/USD, price here may mean something good.. but it can mean something bad - not enough changes in Xtreme 6 could lead to people wanting to save for CS5/X5 - I am among such people.. and I'm waiting for Xara's move...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I agree with BQ, I like having everything in one program. I can design our weekly publication, layout the ads, do illustrations, make updates to my website and more all in the same program and with Xtreme speed

I'm saving my money for the next version of Xtreme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    and with Xtreme speed
    Now, that is the main point, I think we'll all agree! That, before everything else. You can have the kitchen sink in there (XXt) but 1) don't bog down the menu system and ui with unwanted (for some) feature (let people customize what they see/access), and 2) keep it fast fast fast. THEN, no one will mind that it does too much...

I had to use Adobe recently, briefly, and wow, the sludge and complicated dialogs, and this is CS4. Too many features, too many boxes and steps, and molasses.

But CS5 is coming out in April. I hope Xara will kick some you-know-what with X6, and they've done their competitive intelligence properly.

So Web Designer 6 was released. Now we know what Xara meant in their hint to web designers. I hope Xtreme 6 will also come out soon...
    Amitai Rosenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Sponsi View Post
    I hope they don't make just some minor changes like they did with 5...
    A welcome major change would be sound enablement in the Flash animation facilty.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Something else that could come in useful - now that Xtreme is getting more text-handling facilities, would be an Ifilter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFilter) so that the inbuilt search in Windows Vista and 7 (and the Desktop Search tool for XP) could index text in Xara files.

It's by no means a huge issue, but with a growing collection of booklets, concert programmes and so forth, being able to search their contents would be handy.

Stephen
    Last edited by stevemc; 27 March 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Corel X5 = $809.00 AUD
    Adobe CS4 = $3,006.00 AUD
    Xara Xtreme Pro 5 = $349.00 AUD

Patience has it's rewards
    I'm not an 'Adobe Fan' but this comparision is simply wrong.
    Adobe CS4 contains 14+ programs total.
    $3,000.00 AUD / 14 = $214 AUD each