Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

I have beta tested 4 or 5 software apps. Most all had a stipulation in their nondisclosure agreement that participants should not reveal that they are/were in lheir beta program.

Technically the action taken may very well have been warranted.

So, can we get back on track? There are other fourms at Talkgraphics that are for general pontificating.

ok no problem

though I have to say it was JA that was talking about beta.. not Sponsi

[or am I missing something here.. again ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Should I buy WD6?

I own both WebDesigner 5 and Xtreme Pro 5
    When XXP5 was released I removed WD5 from my system as it incorporated all the features of WD5
    I have downloaded the trial of WD6 and it seems good so far.
    I am wondering if the WD6 features will be included in XXP6
    So- should I purchase WD6 now or wait for XXP6??

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Should I buy WD6?

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes, please post in the correct forum for Web related questions.

Additionally the answer to your question about the web features of Xtreme Xtreme 6 / Xtreme Pro 6 can be found here
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...1&postcount=62

And Welcome to TG forums Koala

Is there a deadline for the new version XXP? checked daily
    Maybe it is possible to prepay update to XXP6 and use temporarily WD6?
    My Trial period ends

I'm really quite excited about the introduction of XXP6. I've been using Xara professionally since 3.2, for illustration, graphic design and latterly video game asset creation (textures, UI, post-processing). It's directly helped earn my employers hundreds of thousands of dollars and it's the one app I'd rescue from a burning building.

For me, any strengthening of the existing tools would be an additional bonus, as I find the existing set so powerful. I work in a design environment dominated (natural) by Adobe users. To my continuing amazement, they still consistently have to access forums and tutorials to achieve effects that Xara allows within a few clicks. I'm sure the reason behind this is that Xara is almost completely intuitive, requiring very little in the way of starter tuition. So while Illustrator is a massively powerful and feature-rich application, I'm able to get far better results from Xara simply because it's very easy to access and understand the tools. My fellow designers are continually amazed/infuriated by the breadth and speed of output I can achieve from Xara.

For me, developing the existing tool set to include an expanded bitmap editor would really help me stay in Xara throughout game asset creation. As it stands i can just about do that, but some key tools are missing.

Continued development of the 'effects' tools would be very welcome. I'd like to see greater options in the shadow, 3d and emboss functions. They've proved to be extremely useful over the last year.

I originally bought Xara for it's freehand vector drawing tools (having tested a large number of similar apps, including Illustrator), and I think these remain both a strength and a weak spot. Focused development of this function could really pull in a new set of users.

In the end, I think Xara is almost the perfect app. It takes a complex subject and makes it extremely intuitive and fun. it's one of the few professional apps that feels like a friend, rather than a tool.

Continued practicality, capped-complexity and above all increased innovation and creativity are what I'd ask for in future versions of Xara

Welcome to the TG Forums mangatank,

And thank you for posting a nice positive and honest personal view.
    I think most of us regulars here feel much the same way

Mangatank, thanks for your great summary. Well done.

MoonArtz, I am in the same situation as you (3 days left for the WD6 trial). I like your idea a credit for the preorder of Xara6 equal to the purchase price of WD6.

If Xara could extend the activation period for WD6 when such a preordered is placed for Xara6 that would make me quite happy. When Xara6 is installed then we would be obligated to remove WD6 or perhaps Xara could do that automatically when Xara6 is installed.

I'd preorder and pay for Xara6 today if such a program were available.

When Xara6 is installed then we would be obligated to remove WD6 or perhaps Xara could do that automatically when Xara6 is installed.
    Xara6??

Xtreme 6 will not include any of Web Designer 6.
    Xtreme Pro 6 will.

So if you want to upgrade to Xtreme 6 but not Xtreme Pro 6 and want the new features of WD6, then you will need to purchase WD6 also.

I should have clarified. Meant XtremePro6