Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

Perhaps you should author one, José.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    I for one don't agree with that statement ... as I don't use anything other than 3.2 - upgrades to 4 and 5 were pretty useless for me. So if XX 6, 7 or 8 follow the direction it's been going - what do I can if Xara Ltd live or die - I'll still be designing away and making money using 3.2.
    Feel free to disagree all you want.

Just as Xara are doing what they should in a free market, so are you. If the upgrade doesn't provide you with any (or very little) benefit, then you should not purchase the upgrade. You however may not be in Xara's new target group. Or said a different way, the Nieche that Xara's software is filling may not be progressing on a path that will in the future offer any (or very little) more benefit than it already does.

Not upgrading doesn't mean that you have enjoied Xara's products any shorter than I have. It just means you haven't upgraded.

Again it's just my two cents.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Well, here's my two cents' worth.

Firstly I am not an expert and cannot really say what Xara can or cannot do.

I do wonder though, when someone like JokeArtist can say things like:-

'I for one don't agree with that statement ... as I don't use anything other than 3.2 - upgrades to 4 and 5 were pretty useless for me. So if XX 6, 7 or 8 follow the direction it's been going - what do I can if Xara Ltd live or die - I'll still be designing away and making money using 3.2.'

Is Xara not interested in people like JokeArtist and other people who clearly have skills of a very high standard?

From what what I could gather in this thread, these people are asking for more vector tools rather than things like the Photo Tool?

I tried to use the photo tool recently and had to give up very quickly and go to Photoshop. I needed to edit photos, rather than enhance. So if Xara is going to include things like Photo Tool then surely they need to include more tools to allow the user to work within Xara more freely?

I say all this from a point of not being an expert in Xara. So, I hope you will take my comments accordingly!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

It not surprising that Xara look to continue down the line of web development.... in one year, Web Designer has achieved one third of the threads and almost one quarter of the posts of their flagship Xtreme on Talkgraphics. With the major upgrade to WD6, Xara/Magix'x revenue from the little sibling is likely to increase and that's the way the cookie crumbles. Enhanced vector tools that hav been long requested may or may not appear in Xtreme 6 but the question begs, "Is that a priority for the developers any more?" To them, selling units and making a profit is what matters and if developing web capability is what produces sales, that'll likely be the way they go. Another query might be, how easy would it be to introduce the new vector tools that have been requested, Xara's engine has been around a while, can it be done without a major refurb, only Charles can answer that one.

The use of Xara in schools was mentioned a page or two back. Whilst the educational discounts are pretty favourable, few people that I know in schools ICT have heard of Xara unless they're an oldie like me and date back to the days of Impression and Artworks. I teach ICT using a rival's products that teachers basically get as freebies but all my resources as Xtreme based, including the college website (www.hhtc.org.uk)! Whilst the discounts are there to be taken advantage of, Xara don't market themselves aggresively in education so it's never going to happen in that sector.

At the end of the day, we'll have to see what Xtreme 6 brings but at this stage in the game with a likely release not too far away, whatever we say or do isn't going to affect the outcome as the building blocks for XX6 will have long been set in place. Perhaps better to make suggestions for XX7!
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Question Re: Xara Xtreme 6

After some thought and number crunching I reckon Xtreme 6 will be released on Tuesday 29 June 2010. If this prediction turns out to be correct then I will smugly return to remind you all. If not then I may conveniently forget this post ever existed

Reminds me of a book I saw in a library last year called "100 reasons why Jesus will return in 1985". I'm guessing that book's out of print now

Rich

LOL
    John.

I think Woody's statement is very precise and correct and in some ways I agree with John, (JA) who is producing vector prints, Vectorially there has been little change but there has been improvements through PDF if you were going to print to make the upgrade worth while and a better text engine. I did buy WD 6 and can copy and paste quite happily from one programme to the other when I need to, so there has to be some incentive for me to upgrade in June or July as most of my work goes to print.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    LOL
    You won't be laughing come 29 June!

I may gather together a band of fellow believers who will begin a vigil outside the gates of Gaddesden Place. Together we will await the sixth coming of Xtreme and talk about the blessed day we fist installed.

That's an absolute hoot, Rich. Looking forward to 29th. of June with bated breath.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Ofcourse not, jun 29th will be vacation time, so
    they will generate less sales (unless they don`t
    want many to take the cheaper upgrade offers
    in that time ofcourse) Now I have money, (vacation money)
    but if they wait too long it will go towards a new celphone
    beacosa that money issa burning in mia pocketta.

So please release the pro version soon
    (and it seems the regular xtreme is losing the newer
    webpart bits, so I think that says something about the
    course xara is sailing (luckily pro still has it)
    be aware, not to become a ware.