Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

And if i use for "free" as u say, i dont fell bad.
    Who will take his time (months of work making graphicrecipes.com), making images in xara xtreme, sharing complex xar files, tutorials, paying a hosting, a domain name. And working translating the tutorials seeking for someone who can translate the content to german slepping late just to have the website working ASAP. Thinking in make some video tutorials, more vector packs. Some lessons for xara Xtreme, make new Illustrations in Xara Xtreme just to share.

Just Gary W. Priester do it, and everybody like the website xara xone have the best content for xara xtreme is a jewel.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy. View Post
    I don´t have illustrator.
    Why? In your previous post you say it is so superior to Xtreme. So why don't you have it?
    So if xara have the power to batle face to face with illustrator why they dont make it?
    Only Corel have this power. And even they are loosing.
    just think BIG.
    - and die quick!
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Why? In your previous post you say it is so superior to Xtreme. So why don't you have it?
    Only Corel have this power. And even they are loosing.
    - and die quick!
    I used illustratr in the school and i didn´t said supperior in the number of users not features, tools or performance.

And maybe corel is loosing, everybody know it.

but why david defeat golliat? why the turtle won?. Because they try.

I am not saying go and compete with illustrator now.
    But why of most people who uses xara fall in love?
    Why in about.com is in the top?

Xara is just great.
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy. View Post
    I didn´t said supperior in the number of users not features, tools or performance.
    I thought you did.
    but why david defeat golliat? why the turtle won?. Because they try.
    No they didn't. These are fairy tales.
    But why of most people who uses xara fall in love?
    Because those who don't, use something else.
    Xara is just great.
    Considering your list of voids it doesn't seem so.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    I thought you did.
    Considering your list of voids it doesn't seem so.
    Yes it is
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Hi Jose'
    I don't like it when everyone picks on another forum member for fair appraisal of the software he likes and the effort he has shown to help others. I think most folk here who use Xara as there main way of designing for others would agree with what you stated in the first part of your critique and I quote you here:
    "The navigation in xara extreme is excellent.
    Brushes can be improved.
    Performance
    Errors: sometimes the program stop working, and I hate when I loose my work. They should have an auto save every 5-10 min a backup file.(native)
    Help file. It doesn’t look professional it looks like a manual made by someone who want to finish it ASAP.
    The export window: it’s a 500x600 pixels window, c'mon make it bigger make it full screen an add more features.
    The color bar and the color editor, illustrator rules here, maybe you disagree, but if you can ask for a student who never used xara and illustrator he will pick illustrator we can work with the color bar and the color editor fine, but it´s not the best.
    Alignment tool: we should have more options here like arrange an objet ath the side of other (not overlapped)."
    We can't expect the software company the size of Xara to compete with the like of Adobe but a lot of the users here do compare the both because they have to use both or choose to. Both have strengths & weaknesses and it is up to the users to think what's best value and the ease of use. This topic is running for members to say what they would like to see in the next version of our programme and I think you have many valid points.
    Design is thinking made visual.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I highly doubt that any of the requests found here will influence the list of improvements that are due to come out on the next release of Xtreme. I am fairly sure that the enhancement list was set months ago and that the developers have been working hard to produce them. I for one am waiting in anticipation to see what those improvements are.

That being said, I have nothing against people asking for improvements. However, isn’t' that what the Dear Xara forum is for?

I also think that the passion that people show for future versions of Xtreme is a good thing (up to a point). The passion in these posts show how much some users really care about Xtreme.

IMHO a lot of the discontent shown here comes from the disconnect between what users think the software should be vs. what niche the market conditions have allowed Xtreme to fill and to survive. I'm sure that the leadership at Xara didn't come to the decision about where they fit into the market lightly. I would even hazard a guess that Xara may wish that their niche were different. I for one am glad that Xara face the realities of the market. It means that I get to enjoy their products longer.

Just my two cents on a slow day at work...

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

OK I will never compre illlustrator with Xtreme or corel.

Forget the "bad" post but put attention here

The navigation in xara extreme is excellent.
    Brushes can be improved.
    Performance
    Errors: sometimes the program stop working, and I hate when I list my work. They should have an auto save every 5-10 min a backup file.(native)
    Help file. It doesn’t look professional it looks like a manual made by someone who want to finish it ASAP.
    The export window: it’s a 500x600 pixels window, c'mon make it bigger make it full screen an add more features.
    The color bar and the color editor, illustrator rules here, maybe you disagree, but if you can ask for a student who never used xara and illustrator he will pick illustrator we can work with the color bar and the color editor fine, but it´s not the best.
    Alignment tool: we should have more options here like arrange an objet ath the side of other (not overlapped).
    The Text Tool is good for making brochures and most common works, its fine.
    Movies: Have you seen the movies in the magix website, i don’t care about the photostory cd/dvd photo for now, but i saw the complete movie and I was looking for magix/xtreme designer, it looks very nice and if I need a program like this I will chose this one. Xara make some movies for using the tools, a woman talking and explaining the tools of xara xtreme, even I can make it better, I can hire a girl with a excellent voice and say it "Just read this" clearly. And I make the video.
    The actual movies are good but they can be better.
    Text style: xara should be able to save some text styles, basic styles like shadow color fount and size. (As save a brush) right click over the text and apply style. So you will work faster and you can have your own styles.
    Line gallery: it look good but they should add more lines.
    Color gallery should have the color square/circle bigger.
    Font gallery: nice.
    Snap to objects doesn’t work with the pen tool if I select snap to objects the peen tool next point should be attracted for another point in another shape.
    Shadow tool: nice.
    Bevel tool: nice
    Zoom tool: nice

Interface: xara xtrme looks like an old software.
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    I for one am glad that Xara face the realities of the market. It means that I get to enjoy their products longer.
    I for one don't agree with that statement ... as I don't use anything other than 3.2 - upgrades to 4 and 5 were pretty useless for me. So if XX 6, 7 or 8 follow the direction it's been going - what do I can if Xara Ltd live or die - I'll still be designing away and making money using 3.2.

What about a transition manual from "a vector program" to Xara Xtreme?

so the newusers will know The tools and the features in Xara Xtreme Faster.
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.