Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara's fiber

Try converting lines to shapes, ungrouping, giving a wall shadow and modulating blur and transparency. You would obtain fantastic depth effects.

Kind regards,

ivan

You can also use the Contour Tool on a brush. Here I've used one of Christine's brush shapes, drawn a line, selected it and with the contour tool "pulled" it out. You appear to get 50% of the shape & 50% grey filled, black line shapes (I'm still not sure on this point) . I used a 10 step contour, "converted to edibale shapes" and "ungrouped" and then deleted the unwanted bottom grey / black lines.
    The interesting thing is the remaining lines are still brush shapes and can be still edited with the brush options.
    The attachment is of one brush stroke created as above and then the brush options edited.
    I'm sure this option has great potential but I have'nt had time to experiment further.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stretch.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	40  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Yes, when you convert a brush line to shape you get back to the original shapes. When you do it with a line round a circle or elipse it inverts the shapes - try it with a simple triangle with one point down or with the circle in my file.

I have logged it as a fault as it could be crucial to someone... could also be a benefit but I would expect the shapes to remain in the same position.

Christine

[This message was edited by Christine Farrelly on February 14, 2001 at 08:57 PM.]
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

..are you up late or just off to work?
    I'll give what you say a try (but not now, I'm going to bed!)
    I was more interested at the momment with the use of the contour tool on brush strokes. The attachment was made with one butterfly shape as a brush, contoured 36 times,converted to edibale shapes, ungrouped and the Black line contours removed.
    I then made a bitmap copy of this, cloned it 3 times adding different transparencies and finally added a shadow. I don't no what the hell it is but it's great to be able to make objects with just on shape.

I'll test out your point above later tonight.
    Egg

Name:	butterfly.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	9047  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Have a good sleep Egg - I'm an early riser who finds the Net a lot faster at this time of day.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Christine
    I think its to do with line path's. A closed shape has a predetermined line path. When you alter it to a shape it must reverse the path or more likely alter the "rotate along a path" or "brush angle" or both.
    This is a 6 frame animation of XARA X in text, with a brush applied. The "rotate along a path option" is unchecked whilst the brush angle is altered in steps of 60 degree's in each frame.
    I think this is the answer to what appears at first an error or bug.
    But what the heck, it makes for very quick and easy animation. It looks far better in larger text with 256 colours, but I tried to keep the download down.
    NOW I AM GOING TO BED
    Egg

Name:	brush_ani.gif 
Views:	264 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	4620  
    Egg

...different brush
    Egg

Name:	brush2_ani.gif 
Views:	254 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	16041  
    Egg

Fantastic Egg,

I like particularly the green and blue one. I thing to a monkeys dance!

Thank you,
    ivan

Thank by all for attention to the given theme!
    It seems, it is time to open out a new theme, for example "caterpillars" or "boa".
    The creation of new patterns is a game for which one there is no extremity.
    I always was involved with the structural effects, concerned with rotational symmetry of fibres of irrespectively color variations of the created models. However fine figures Christine have induced desire to experiment with color.
    I use dash patterns lines in shapes for softening a surface of blend.
    Some examples of color fibres:

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	7022  

Heres the Xar file
    Attached Files Attached Files