Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: import xara designs into coreldraw

Never mind Lawuy Cuff, if the file uses font . and you export the file with this font to cmx, it will converted in the file to shapes, and from the start you can convert all the text to shapes, it well be better, but I think that herbiehysteria have to much fill effects in his xar file. Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

This is great from you Steve, sorry I forget the second part from his problem (,converted to outlines and mirrored so that the vinyl cutter can cut them?). hope that helped him too, and thanks for these threads.Regards BP

HI BP
    I have a the same problem as the guys before but when it comes to my designs its a bit complex and my designers sadly work only on corels and never heard about xara
    I've attached a file and it has to be open in corel so they can do it on t-shirt. I hope you'll help me to find a solution otherwise all my 1000 designs go to bin or I will have to spend another year to learn another program and redesign them all
    I will really appreciate your help to do some magic to make my design to look exactly nice and nit like it looks like on xara
    Best regards
    Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

As far as I know the main thing to remember is to give your cut line a Named Colour. The named colour must be given the name "CutContour" so that the software used by the printer will give the "marching ants" around your design and this line will not be printed and also this line should be set at .25 pt. Dave because you have used the 3D tool to make your design your will need use the shape editor to go around your design to create your cut line and then copy that line to clipboard do a Ctrl+B to put the line behind and then with both selected make a ClipView of your design. Paste your copied line onto your design and very slightly scale that line up by a few pix. and then give that line a named colour called "CutContour" with the line being given a colour which is in contrast to your design. If you are using Steve's method which I would recommend is to please remember the above naming and also before that if you would change the contour to "Editable Shapes" and then "ungroup". If you have trouble with saving your design as an eps,it's a must, and you may have if your design includes complex blends, transparencies and colours then you must try using Ghostscript or some other programme.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Dave,
    Welcome on TG.
    At first sorry for lating answer,
    well i have opened your file and found that.
    # Your extrusion shape, maybe you have imported it to Xara as .EPS file from original .DXF, this shape is not ceated in Xara?
    #And this shape (the big figure) of the extrude is full with tooooo much nodes, you donīt need all those nodes for the extrusion in Xara or for the import to Corel Draw.
    #I have done it and exported it to Corel Draw file .CDR and .CMX file, and this was a full time Job becouse all those tooo much nodes in your extrusion.
    #I saw in your profile that you work with Xara Xtreme Pro 4, then you can do the this job and export your .xar file to .CDR or .CMX files to open it in CD. yes or no?

At first i will tell you How to do this:
    #For CD you donīt need the Transparent, Extrusion, or another effects of Xara.
    #In Xara, create a new layer in your file and draw your extrusion with your mouse, you donīt need to draw all, just one side, when you finished it, group the opjects, clone and flip them in the another side, maybe you need to join some lines together.
    #For the logo, you must break the shape to create all the single shapes for the logo.
    #For the extrusion shape, after you are finshed of draw all the objects, remove the extrusion and edit your shape reduce all unwanted nodes, Note: if CD donīt accept the shape, apply line to the shape and break the line at any nodes then convert it to shape for the export.
    #Put this shape in front of all your objects.
    #Export all the objects as .CMX file to open and edit them in Corel Draw.
    #Note if CD donīt accept all the objects, the you need to create #3 .CMX files
    #1. One for the hand drawing objects.
    #2. One for the extrusion shape.
    #3. One for the Logo.

In Corel Draw you can edit all the files, copy and paste in one file.

I would like that you try it at first with your hand, i have attached a screenCapture of my CD v11, so that you can see it and you can do it too.

Just let me know please if you can do all these steps or not, or if you have some questions regarding export your .xar file to CD.

As i said, this is only for the beginn.
    Best regards
    BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD_Sample.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	84195  

Hi Dave,
    Hereīs another screenCaptures one with the gray colours edited in CD11, and one with the wire Frame in CD11.
    Best regards.
    BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD_Sample#3WF.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	84196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD_Sample#2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	84197