Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moving to new Hard Drive

I have my work space and shortcuts juuuuust right. Now I'm re-installing XP on a new hard drive. What do I need to do to transfer my Xara settings after the new install?

Thx

Default Re: Moving to new Hard Drive

Unfortunately 'exporting' or 'importing' custom layout settings is not a feature in any version of Xara Xtreme.
    The best you can do is save any custom templates you may have created and reopen them in the new installation then save them as templates once more.

Welcome to the forums

How about moving certain directories/folders from the old hd to the new? If so, which ones?

As far as settings go, these are held in the windows registry, xtreme does not have the sort of 'workspace' that is written out to file in the way I think you mean it.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    As far as settings go, these are held in the windows registry, xtreme does not have the sort of 'workspace' that is written out to file in the way I think you mean it.
    Wow! I'm very surprised to hear that! Do any of you know where those registry settings are? Is it possible to transfer them to the new drive? Is there anything else I should know?

What settings are you wanting to transfer?

The registry is part of Windows, where Windows itself and many 3rd party applications store their settings, serial numbers, passwords, any many other things.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    What settings are you wanting to transfer?
    I may not use the right terms here but I have keyboard shortcuts and icon sets/Control Bars that I'd like to transfer. In a perfect world these things would also be placed where I currently have them in the workspace/screen.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 March 2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fix broken quote

As mentioned in post #2, this is not possible.

Re installing Xtreme and re setting our custom toolbars is something many of us have had to do numerous times. Yes it's a pain and perhaps one day Xara will enable an export and import feature for this as it has been asked for lots

LOL... Ok. Thanks everybody.

If you are using Xtreme Pro you can transfer your custom keyboard shortcuts. However, your custom toolbars are not transferable.

The keyset.ini file in your Documents folder contains the keyboard shortcuts. Simply copy that file to your new hard drive.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update