Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy no compatible products found

Weird message to get from xara_template_pack1_en.exe : >There were no compatible products found on this computer< when both Xara Xtreme Pro 5 and MAGIX Xtreme Webdesigner 5 were registered and open at the time. It also happened when they were closed. Why won't this pack install? Isn't the template "extra", or have I (purchased and) tried to install something that I maybe already have per default?

Vista 32-bits.

Default Re: no compatible products found

Strange indeed, you may do better to shoot an email directly to Xara support.

And welcome to the forum sorry couldn't be more help

Chris

According to this page, the Template pack requires that the CD versions of Xtreme 5 or Xtreme 5 Pro are installed, the DL versions do not quality as a compatible product.
    Xara Web Designer can qualify as a compatible product as can MAGIX Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer 5 and MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer 5, but it's a little vague as to whether the MAGIX produts need to be the CD versions.

My advice is to open a support ticket with Xara

Unhappy Re: no compatible products found

I find all this really "weird"... I also have MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer 5 installed - and a lot of other Xara and Magix programs. Too many, I am starting to believe!

---

I will try once more to sign up for Xara Support, so far I have not been able to figure out how to do it. I find their procedure to be an offence; why don't they just ask for my email or my license key? All this username etcetera is plain stupid

---

But Thanks for The Welcoming!

Curt@dk, is your installed 'Xara Xtreme Pro 5' the CD version??

Thumbs up compatible product found

- oh, no it wasn't!

I never realized there would be a difference between the downloadable version I received together with the license key, when I first purchased the program, and the CD version. So, I installed the downloaded file at once, and when the CD came I simply placed it in a drawer, forgetting all about it - a "reserve", I thought.

Now I have installed both the boxed version and the template pack. :-)

Problem solved. THANK YOU!!

Happy to help.
    Also note, that only the CD version can be updated. DL versions do not have the built-in program updater.
    I suggest you consider updating your installed CD version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update-x5.png 
Views:	231 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	70341