Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi,,

i want to tell me plz about the isa(internet scene assembler) program that i want used in my project called( scale )or about Cortona Software Development Kit (sdk)

i face a lot problems because i don't know how i can use this products

pleeeeeeeeeeease help me quickly

thanks queen,,,

hi,,

i want to tell me plz about the isa(internet scene assembler) program that i want used in my project called( scale )or about Cortona Software Development Kit (sdk)

i face a lot problems because i don't know how i can use this products

pleeeeeeeeeeease help me quickly

thanks queen,,,

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Cortona is a drag. Check blaxxun (try www.google.com for a link). They offer a freeware VRML version that works.

I've developed following VRML page with the blaxxun plug-in:

http://www.campana.de/windsicherung02.htm

just place your mouse over the picture, click and drag it into any direction.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

An acquantance into VRML creation uses vrmlpad as an editor to add behaviours and scripts. Perhaps it is worth checking out if you aren't already familiar with it.

Yens - the notebook computer example on the Blaxxun site is very cool!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on March 29, 2003 at 15:41.]

THAAAAAAAAAANKS FOR ALL ,,

IAM VERY HAPPY WITH YOU GROUPS

BYE ,,,,

hi again,,,,

i'm sorry but you don't know what i mean

the help that we wnat is a explanation of this products (isa) or (sdk) through pictures to help me in my understand of this programmes

if you don't know any thing about it plz ask your friends and any one maybe hear about it ,,,

thanks,,,
    queen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i'm sorry but you don't know what i mean

the help that we wnat is a explanation of this products (isa) or (sdk) through pictures to help me in my understand of this programmes

if you don't know any thing about it plz ask your friends and any one maybe hear about it ,,, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this is **not** simple or easy. It took me 3 weeks @ 16 hours to dig into VRML with 3D objects, despite I could generate the 3D objects via Cinema 4D XL.

There are two standars - VRML 1 and 2, where 1 is better suitable for any purpose.

You need a VRML editor where you can load your objects or models and modify them. Without this tool you will be pretty much stuck.

There is some freeware stuff around, but I don't have the links anymore, sorry for this inconvenience. If you will go for the commercial VRML editors you can spend hundreds of $$$, but the freeware stuff has the same features.

VRML is a science for itself, so be prepared to spend weeks to get along with it. Lots of 'trial and error'.

Unfortunately I didn't document the path I took, so I can't be of any help - I've deleted everything after I had finished the project because the client was an a..hole.

I don't know your objective, but if you don't need interactive 3D you'd be better of with Swift 3D from Electric Rain. It's a 3D engine that generates 3D objects for FLASH, and FLASH offers interactive elements as well. However, you can achieve more and faster results with Swift 3D than with VRML.

I've learned the hard way that the documentation on VRML is kind of 'wishy-washy'. You will be on your own in this area.

VRML had been a catcher during the hype of the dot coms, but now it's almost a dead game...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Cortona requires the users to dl a plug-in, whereas the Blaxxun Java applet doesn't need client side plug-ins.

I think what Queen is looking for is a 3D VRML editor to build the scenes. Once you have the scenes you can use **any** VRML method to display them.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

my dear,,,

thnks for everyone write to help me,,,

and i want to tell you about what i can learn for excute my project ,,,

first:i'm use the javascript language to write my code
    second:i will use this javascript's code in vrmlpad language as a function that call this code inside it and then loaded java's code into vrmlpad and converts to it to show my object

notice: i build my object in 3d studio max
    and import it into isa

please i want to ask you,,,
    what did you think about it,,is right or no ???

and what your advice for me plz???

thanks...
    queen