Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question exporting slices with "shadow group" objects

Ok, so, I followed the standard procedure for images slicing found in Xara tutorials (guides, transparent rectangles etc etc). And I do manage to export the slices, but only without shadows. The thing is, I used a lot of shadow and glow effects on my objects, and all that gets exported is these same objects, but as I said, without shadows.

Soft grouping didn't help. The only workaround I found was to truly group all the objects together, do the export, and then undo the grouping (with the undo button). But theres gotta be a better way... Right?

Default Re: exporting slices with "shadow group" objects

Yes there is but it is quite a fiddle especially if you have a nav bar which has shadows or glows! It is because the shadow overlaps the next button which causes the problem. If yo have the Xone disc which came along with your programme disc get it out and have a look at a few of Gary's tuts on the subject it will help. You could post your file here and the members could help you solve your problem as it can be quite difficult to describe what you do but it is all in your objects panel the problem.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Why are you exporting in slices? Just wondering, no reason for asking.

It's hard to say without seeing what your page looks like, but I think you might be better off creating a few major graphic elements rather than slicing everything up.

Can you attach a screen shot of your page?

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply... Nah, I decided to take the approach without slicing. At first I thought that it might be a better idea, but it turned out it's not. The thing is that, the page is very graphical, so I wanted to make a hover effect on a specific place.

I'll upload some of my work (including this one) later here I think you guys will like it!

Should this not have been posted in the Talk Web area?

You can use a 99% transparent object over the area of a large graphic where you want a 'hot-spot'.

You could also use a copy on another layer, with intersected shapes to isolate the area you want to change on-hover.

Preview attached .xar to see what I mean.
    Attached Files Attached Files