Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anti social photographer is arrested

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    No, the problem is that he is not an anti social photographer. He was not even charged in anti social behaviour. How can you state he's guilty?
    With all due respect John, the problem is you keep misreading my words.
    The line you quoted proves this. I'm really not sure why you are making this thread about me??
    IP

Oh... I am sorry for misunderstanding your words and for making it look personal, which it was not intended to be.
    I was not trying to make this thread about you or any one else, really.
    I was just trying to discuss this obviously controversial subject.
    Take it easy!
    John.
    IP

its a lot of fuss for the sake of giving less information to the authorities than he would actually have to give to fly to New York at the moment

so I guess he was trying to making a point, or just giving his mates good copy

personally I would like to travel overland from calais to china along the old spice route, just like a friend of mine did half a decade or so ago but I don't see it happening anytime soon [with or without a camera ] - the times they have a changed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Of course, if I am a bad boy, I just say my name is "Steve" or "John". I always get a knowing look.. ;-)
    My surname is Pratt, so, when stopped, I get more than a knowing look when I look straight in their eyes and reply with it Hasn't happened for years unfortunately ... I'll take my camera into Manchester tomorrow and report back
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

The [presumed necessary] anti-terrorist police tactics (whether supported by formal policy or not) in [over-]policing ordinary citizens in their natural right to photograph national monuments (or anything else, for that matter) is WAY out of hand. Its extremeness is, frankly, insane.
    IP

I think the point of these videos and news stories is just that and to point out that the terrorists may have already won.

Please note, that I have not stated which side of the fence my opinion rests in this thread. It's for current affairs interest only.
    There is always two sides to stories like these, both of which can make sense but we should not take either the journalist's report or the length and content of video as the complete story.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    we should not take either the journalist's report or the length and content of video as the complete story.
    no - that would be frankly......

Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Wow, I can't believe the response here is lay down and take it???
    We people have rights, our natural laws that protect us from harassment from authorities. And it seems a few of us are willing to have our rights trampled for this obscure "terrorism" excuse.

Hitler did the same thing, it was a process that took a couple of years before people started willingly being led to the furnaces.

The Governments are in real trouble, why? because if you actually read about some of the crimes they have committed, and if people realize the fraud they have committed, the people would up-rise and tar/feather them like they did in the old days.
    And I believe people are waking up to this and the Government need to take action against a potential up-rising, under a guise of "protecting" us from terrorists.

You think the police are your friends? I'm in Canada where the RCMP themselves dress up in black balaclavas and bust windows in order to make it look like legitimate protesters are anarchists. (Yes they have been caught and charged, as well as charges dropped, due to the fact that RCMP cannot seem to charge their own officers, which the people are trying to change).
    And yes, I even have a brother-in-law in the RCMP... boy I bet he is getting a reality check.

Thing is, there should be no reason for this type of police behavior. There are ways to actually pursue to charge this gentleman with the camera, however the Judiciary that they need to gain the warrant from would likely ridicule the officer for wasting his time and the public's money.
    IP

A few bad apples within a police force doesn't make the whole force criminals. It's a bit of a stretch going from a policewoman trying to get a photographers name and the association with hitler, goverment abuse and the whole of canada policed by criminals.

I should imagine that your brother in law is a bit shocked, but still confident he is one of the good guys.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatude View Post
    Wow, I can't believe the response here is lay down and take it???
    My answer to that is - if you want to win a war, fight the right battles

We people have rights, our natural laws that protect us from harassment
    Pie in the Sky - we people [and that is all of us no matter who we are] have responsibilites that provide us with priveleges if we abide by them

Hitler did the same thing, it was a process that took a couple of years before people started willingly being led to the furnaces.
    out of context hyperbole

The Governments are in real trouble, why? because if you actually read about some of the crimes they have committed, and if people realize the fraud they have committed, the people would up-rise and tar/feather them like they did in the old days.
    And I believe people are waking up to this and the Government need to take action against a potential up-rising, under a guise of "protecting" us from terrorists.
    good old fashioned 'them and us' posturing the curse of mankind throughout its entire existance

You think the police are your friends? I'm in Canada where the RCMP themselves dress up in black balaclavas and bust windows in order to make it look like legitimate protesters are anarchists.
    I don't know if this is true - but if it is, it only shows that this sort of thing can happen anywhere

There are ways to actually pursue to charge this gentleman with the camera
    indeed

I think Steve is right - 'divide and conquor' goes back a long, long way....
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP