Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [PSP10] Text items don't look good

Hello

I'm a PSP newbie, and have a couple of questions about adding Text items in a document:

1. Text typed in PSP5 looks good, while text typed in PSP10 doesn't:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1118/psptext5x.jpg

Unchecking "Anti-alias" makes text look crisper, but still not as nice as in PSP5.

Notice the weird spaces inside words, eg. "This" is harder to read, and there's a strange space in "PSP" between "P" and "SP".

2. Once a Text item has been added to a document, how can I edit the text in case I made a typo?

Thank you.
    IP

Default Re: [PSP10] Text items don't look good

I don't have PSP10 but I do have PSPX2 and PSPX3. The attached image shows text from both. I used the Sharp text option in both versions.

I noticed you used jpg for your image of the text. If you use png or gif you text will be more crisp than a jpg image. A jpg uses a lossy compression which cause some loss in clearity.

As for Editing the Text, select the text in the vector layer and right click. Select Edit Text from the popup menu. I'm assuming the same is true for PSP10 as for X2 and X3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text-Text.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	69999  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

It looks as if you have appliyed a srock to your PSP X text. Turnit off or set to 0 unless you need outlined text
    IP

Thanks for the feedback. Text looks fuzzy even when working in PSP with PSP-formatted files.

Changing "Stroke width" from the default "1,0" to "0,0" doesn't change much. I guess PSPX doesn't display small fonts as well as PSP5.

Thank you.
    IP

There have been a few changes. Psp 7 had a new text engine. It changed again with PSP 9 which also places text as pixels or points prior to that all text equalled Pixels. 1 point is 1/72nd of an inch therefore 1 pixel = 1 point at 72 ppi. So you need to think about the Image resolution that your working on In X.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text.gif 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.9 KB 
ID:	70096  
    IP