Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fantasy maps created using Xara Xtreme

Thanks, Egg!

I'm working with Louis Porter Jr of LPJ Designs, a creator of third party content for Pathfinder, in creating stock ship deck plans as a product intended for publishers of the many games utilizing ships of sail. Though there are many stock art products for game publishers, most are for cover designs and interior art as in character/monster illustrations and fantasy graphics. There currently aren't any stock art as maps - our project will be the first of its kind. I'm working on a frigate deck plan for the first product in the line.

Each product will include all decks of a given ship, and will come available in standard dress (typical furnishings of such a ship), and 3 variations depending on the type of ship. For example for the frigate deck plans I'm creating as the first product, as a ship of the line, will come in typical naval ship setup, with a royal flag ship version with more luxury items aboard, one with poop deck removed and guns added for a lighter, more heavily armed pirate version of the frigate, and a battle damaged one with broken masts, cannon ball holes, and a leaking cargo hold. Price is tentatively $29.97 - explained as one design free with 3 more designs at $9.99 each.

These ships will be designed in my photo-realistic style.

Here's the logo I designed for the product line.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stock_armada_logo.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	112047

After some critiques and suggestions on an Art & Design board, I decided to approach the logo design from a different direction. One suggestion was despite the product being top down deck plans, depicting the logo as a top down view of a deck was not suggestive enough to mean that, but a side view might be stronger in relaying the point of the product involving sea going vessel products. What do you think?

Name:	stock_armada_logo_01.png 
Views:	317 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	112051

Maybe I'm trying too hard, but now I think there is too much white space with the oval...

Name:	stock-armada-logo-02.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	112061

Micheal,

I like the look of the second logo. The first I picture more as a stamp on wine barrel.

However I am seeing a weird optical illusion with the bow of the boat as compared to the stern. I see the stern fine but the bow looks to be from the side. I played around with the logo and I think if you were to put a water line in and removed the keel and what was below the water it would correct the perspective.

Ray

Regarding the graphic of the ship, believe it or not, you can see the inside front and opposite side on the fore end of the ship - so its not just a side view. The perspective is correct.

Someone on Facebook asked me to create a 100 ton starship (with Traveller stats) with more cargo space than a Type S, Scout and with most of its features. Because I used my Mantis hull design, included is a 1 ton, submersible turbo-caterpillar drive allowing for underwater travel (fast and silent), as well as flying through middle layers of gas giants and heavy atmosphere worlds, where standard maneuver drives fail - for evasion and escape purposes. The air/raft is a miniature of the ship which sits above the Skate starship (ladder accesses air/raft hatch).

Name:	skate-class-raider-trader-100-tons.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	112134

How about a retro hover taxi - has kind of a Fifth Element crossed with Brazil quality to it.

Makes me say "Corbin Dallas, Multi-pass!"

Name:	retro-hover-cab.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	112153

Here's my entry map into this year's One Page Dungeon Contest, with a space station "dungeon" map. The contest is an attempt at creating a detailed map and a full adventure in readable text that all fits on one side of a letter size sheet of paper (as a PDF). Its a tough challenge to accomplish for anybody.

Name:	opdc-2016-map.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	112198

Best of luck with the competition
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg!

Working on the next deck plan for both the Stock Armada product line, as well as for my Gamer Printshop map sets sold on DrivethruRPG.com.

This I call the Buccaneer class 600 ton Heavy Corsair star ship, a pocket warship with nomimal armor and 3 triple gun turrets. I am creating 4 versions of these deck plans: standard (shown below), red/black for a flamboyant pirate captain, wear n' tear showing some signs of age, rust, stains, and a battle damaged one.

First image shows the exterior hull top view, and lower deck on ground with clam shell cargo bay doors open and shadow of upper deck, interior deck plans of each level - upper and lower, and an interior deck plan of the 50 ton boarding cutter parked in the cargo bay of the lower deck...

Name:	top-n-clamshell-open.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	112247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buccaneer_class_heavy_corsair_both_decks.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	112248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boarding-cutter02.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	112249

Well I had an instance where I tried to save this deck plan .Xar file and it both failed and corrupted the previous version I was saving as the same file name - and I didn't have auto-save turned on, so that file got lost. Instead of redoing it - something I hate to do, I opted to start working on a different version, which I've done (kept auto-save turned on) and completed...

This one I call the Thunderbird class 700 ton Heavy Corsair Star Ship deck plan. I did four versions of this deck plan: standard (shown), blue scheme, rust bucket and battle damaged.

Name:	thunderbird-topside.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	112286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunderbird-heavy-corsair.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	112287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunderbird-lower-deck.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	112288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coyote-class-50-ton-boarding-cutter.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	112289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunderbird-on-ground.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	112290