Thanks, Egg!

I haven't posted in a while, as I've doing lots of commission work for Stormbunny Studios and E.N. Publishing, as well as working on my own writing projects. I decided to a very detailed hand-drawn map of a swamp - I've been thinking about a swamp map for a long time, but all the detailed plants (especially mangroves) I've found daunting. So I decided to take the plunge and get this thing knocked out. I essentially free hand-drawn about 3 to 4 objects per letter sized paper, then scanned that, imported to Xara Designer Pro 9, applied colors mixes, bevels, shadows and transparency and placed all below the drawn linework. Once I made about 30 objects, I decided that was enough to go with. Separately I drew the islands and pond scum as a different drawing, scanned that added beveled colored shapes for the land and scum - placed at the base of the map. Added a transparent brown layer to serve as water's surface so I could place some logs beneath the water surface, as well as the lower half of two crocodiles. Exported to JPG, here ya go!

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swamp-lair-thumb.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	106680

And especially for Egg, since I can post a link to this (since its just a personal map) - Swamp map