Well if my trip to LA and Activision seemed like a vacation, it wasn't. I basically spent 6 days, 12 hours per day playing with an X-Box under a high security office environment. I don't normally ever play video games, so it was a chore. Being in LA was just to collect necessary data to create maps - no maps were created there. Now I have several weeks to complete all maps, and there are lots of them, so even more 12 hour days at home getting the work done. So in the end, I'll have about 3 weeks total in this project at completion. Although there might be a few small gigs in the next month or two, the season for this work seems to be from March to September. Next year is supposed to be busy, so I might have 4 or 5 of these projects to work on next year - mo money! Although most clients are in LA, one is in San Francisco, one in Seattle, another in Toronto, so I might be going to those places next year. Looks like I have a 6 month-ish per year career going now (and more money than I've ever made)!

Although I enjoyed California, most of it was sleep, breakfast, go to work, supper, go to bed. I did get one evening in Santa Monica Blvd and Santa Monica Pier (it was Santa Monica, specifically, not LA per se).

I've just completed my first of many maps for this project - now on to map #2.