Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Tabbing text box on a single web page?

Hi. I’m a newbie. I’ve been using Xara Xtreme for over a year and love it. I’m amazed at the work I see you guys producing with it. I’m not in that league – maybe one day.
    I’m scratching my head over one thing I’m trying to do, and I’m not sure if I can in Xara, so I thought I would ask my more experienced peers.
    I am trying to get a tabbed text panel that sits on a single web page, so that a visitor can, without moving onto the next page, simply hit a tab immediately above the text panel, (diagram_1) and the next panel opens up in situ, the tab appears to have changed, (diagram_2) without leaving that web page. I know I could do so in adobe flash but that's a whole new learning curve and I want to remain with Xtreme as much as I can. I also realise I could have 2nd and 3rd pages and give the impression that only the tab has changed but that slows everything up due to reloading.
    Is what I’m trying to do with Xtreme possible? Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in anticipation. Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diagram_1.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	69896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diagram_2.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	69897  

Default Re: Tabbing text box on a single web page?

Welcome to the Forums Dan,

Have you tried using a different layer for each tab?

Smile Re: Tabbing text box on a single web page?

Thanks for the welcome sledger, and for the tip. I never thought of that at all - good idea. I'll try that and let you know how I get on. Thanks again and have a good day.
    Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCarey View Post
    Hi. I’m a newbie. I’ve been using Xara Xtreme for over a year and love it. I’m amazed at the work I see you guys producing with it. I’m not in that league – maybe one day.
    I’m scratching my head over one thing I’m trying to do, and I’m not sure if I can in Xara, so I thought I would ask my more experienced peers.
    I am trying to get a tabbed text panel that sits on a single web page, so that a visitor can, without moving onto the next page, simply hit a tab immediately above the text panel, (diagram_1) and the next panel opens up in situ, the tab appears to have changed, (diagram_2) without leaving that web page. I know I could do so in adobe flash but that's a whole new learning curve and I want to remain with Xtreme as much as I can. I also realise I could have 2nd and 3rd pages and give the impression that only the tab has changed but that slows everything up due to reloading.
    Is what I’m trying to do with Xtreme possible? Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in anticipation. Dan
    Are you still there Dan? I see it's been years since you asked this and since I am now searching for this exact same answer wonder if you ever solved this and if you still use Xara? If still using can you give me details on how to do this? The one reply about layers didn't help me any and after hours of reading Xara help I still can't figure it out.

In the Help file, Index section, search for Pop-up Layers for a detailed explanation.

In short you need to create new layers in the Page and Layout Gallery. Then you link to these layers from the MouseOff layer.

This is how I would do it. There are probably other ways using a Tweak, but this works for me :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tabs_on_one_page.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	98148  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

IOW, layers.

IOW, yes.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.